It’s official: idea registration is finally open for Coolest Projects 2021!
Our Coolest Projects online showcase brings together a worldwide community of young people who make things with technology. Everyone up to age 18, wherever they are in the world, can register for Coolest Projects to become part of this community with their own tech creation! We welcome all ideas, all experience levels, and all kinds of projects.
So let all the young people in your family, school, or coding club know, because Coolest Projects is their chance to be part of something amazing this year!
Taking part is free, and projects will be displayed in the Coolest Projects online gallery for people all across the globe to see! And getting involved is super easy: young creators can start by registering their idea for a project now, leaving them plenty of time — until May — to build the project at home.
To celebrate the passion, effort, and creativity of all the tech creators, we will host a grand live-streamed finale event in June, where our fabulous, world-renowned judges will pick their favourites from among all the projects!
Last year, young tech creators from 39 countries took part in the Coolest Projects online showcase. This year, we hope young people from even more places will share their tech creations with the world!
Skill-building, fun & community
Coolest Projects is a powerful motivator for young people to develop skills in:
- Idea generation
- Project design and planning
- Coding and technology
- User testing and iteration
…and they will have lots of fun, be inspired by their peers, and feel like they are part of a truly international community.
Let their imaginations run free!
Through the Coolest Projects online showcase, young people get the opportunity to explore their creativity and realise their tech ambitions! Whatever they come up with as a project idea, we want them to register so the Coolest Projects community can celebrate it.
To help you support young people to create their projects, we’re running a free online workshop called ‘How to design projects with young people’ on 25 February.
What happens next?
- Once their project ideas are registered, the young people can start creating their projects!
- From the start of March, they will be able to complete their registration by adding the details of their project, including either a Scratch project link or a short video where they need to answer three important questions about their project. We’ll be offering online sessions to give them tips for their video and help them complete their showcase gallery entry.
- Project registration closes on 3 May. But don’t worry if a project isn’t finished by then: we welcome works in progress just as much as completed creations!
We can’t wait to see the wonderful, imaginative things young tech creators in this global community are going to share with the world!
Sign up for the Coolest Projects newsletter to never miss the latest updates about our exciting online showcase, including the free online support sessions for participants.