Picademy offers teachers two full days of hands-on Continued Professional Development (CPD) workshops, and attendees become Raspberry Pi Certified Educators. It’s free, and our friends at Google are supporting us to offer it at their Digital Garage venues around the UK. Watch the experiences of attendees at Picademy@Google in Leeds, then find out more and apply at rpf.io/train.
Picademy is the Raspberry Pi Foundation’s free face-to-face professional development programme that supports educators throughout their digital making and computing journey. This two-day training event is held at venues around the UK and North America. After completing the programme, educators join a community of passionate digital making practitioners.
Interested in attending? Visit our event calendar to find a Picademy near you.
I 💜💜💜 Raspberry Pi!!! I have never coded so much in my life and it was AWESOME!! #Picademy #RaspberryPi https://t.co/X8iKFKhRw8
Join our community
Picademy is for all educators, including classroom teachers, librarians, technology coaches, after-school and community educators, and beyond. If you’re an educator interested in bringing digital making and computing to your learners then this programme is for you!
Inspire digital making
We believe that computing and digital making is for everyone regardless of their background or prior experience. Picademy provides educators with the knowledge and skills they need to teach computing with confidence, creativity, and excitement.
Raspberry Pi Certified Educators:
- Take their passion and expertise back to their educational environments and engage their learners in digital making.
- Experience making from a learner’s perspective, and use this experience to inform their practice.
- See computing devices as another material with which to create, rather than as solutions in their own right.
- Connect with our global community of educators to share the opportunities, experiences, and challenges that are part of computing and digital making.
- Continue to seek opportunities to develop their own subject knowledge, and to engage, inspire, and train other educators.
Umm. Yeess! Thank you #Picademy for an amazing two days. I shall carry the torch with the flame that you have ignited in me.
Ready to apply to Picademy? Visit our event calendar to get started.