We are delighted to co-launch Isaac Computer Science, a new online platform for teachers and students of A level Computer Science.
Introducing the new Isaac Computer Science online learning platform and calendar of free events for students and teachers. Be the first to know about new features and content on the platform: Twitter – ncce.io/ytqstw Instagram – ncce.io/ytqsig Facebook – ncce.io/ytqsfb If you are a teacher, you may also be interested in our free online training courses for GCSE Computer Science teachers.
The project is a collaboration between the Raspberry Pi Foundation and the University of Cambridge, and is funded by the Department for Education’s National Centre for Computing Education programme.
Isaac Computer Science
Isaac Computer Science gives you access to a huge range of online learning materials for the classroom, homework, and revision — all for free.
The platform’s resources are mapped to the A level specifications in England (including the AQA and OCR exam boards). You’ll be able to set assignments for your students, have the platform mark it for you, and be confident that the content is relevant and high quality. We are confident that this will save you time in planning lessons and setting homework.
“Computer Science is a relatively small subject area and teachers across the country often work alone without the support of colleagues. Isaac Computer Science will build a teaching and learning community to support teachers at all levels and will offer invaluable support to A level students in their learning journey. As an experienced teacher, I am very excited to have the opportunity to work on this project.”
– Diane Dowling, Isaac Computer Science Learning Manager and former teacher
And that’s not all! To further support you, we are also running free student workshops and teacher CPD events at universities and schools around England. Tickets for the events are available to book through the Isaac Computer Science website.
“Isaac Computer Science helped equip me with the skills to teach A level, and ran a great workshop at one of their recent Discovery events using the micro:bit and the Kitronik :MOVE mini. This is a session that I’ll definitely be using again and again.”
– James Spencer, Computer Science teacher at St Martin’s School
Why sign up?
Isaac Computer Science provides:
- High-quality materials written by experienced teachers
- Resources mapped to the AQA and OCR specifications
- CPD events for teachers
- Workshops for students
Isaac Computer Science allows you to:
- Plan lessons around high-quality content pages, thus saving time
- Select and set self-marking homework questions
- Pinpoint areas to work on with your students
- Manage students’ progress in your personal markbook
Start using Isaac Computer Science today:
- Sign up at isaaccomputerscience.org
- Request a teacher account and register your students
- Start using the platform in your classroom!