GCSE – Lesson 5 – Wired and wireless transmission media
This lesson introduces learners to wired and wireless transmission media. Transmission media is defined before going into the specifics of each type of transmission media. They are then given an activity where they must read about the advantages and disadvantages of each type and select the most appropriate transmission media for six given scenarios. Finally, learners are introduced to Packet Tracer, a popular network training tool used in industry and universities. Here, they add to pre-built networks and develop some essential networking skills.
- Define a wired and a wireless network
- Define transmission media
- Describe the attributes of fibre optic and copper cables used in wired networks
- Describe Bluetooth as a mode of connection
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of wireless networks compared to wired networks
- Lesson plans
- Slide decks
- Learner resources
Don't have an account?
Enjoyed teaching these lessons? Found a mistake?
Fill in a short form to give feedback on these resources.