Buy Raspberry Pi TV HAT
These companies are all Raspberry Pi Approved Resellers. You will be taken to their site to buy this product.
To get started you'll need:
- Any 40-pin Raspberry Pi (including Pi Zero and Zero W, provided they have headers soldered)
- A suitable aerial to receive broadcast TV (not provided)
We've put together a downloadable step-by-step guide to Getting started with the TV HAT, which walks you through the complete setup process.
The Raspberry Pi TV HAT has a DVB-T2 and DVB-T tuner on board, which allows you to receive and decode digital television streams on your Raspberry Pi.
- Sony CXD2880 TV tuner
- Supported TV standards:
- Reception frequency: VHF III, UHF IV, UHF V
Software & OS
Raspbian Stretch (or later) is required for using the TV HAT. Download the latest version of Raspbian here.
For how to install Raspbian, see our online guide to Getting started with your Pi.
The software we recommend for decoding TV streams and viewing content is TVHeadend. Instructions for setting this up are in our guide to Getting started with the TV HAT.
Media player support
The Raspberry Pi TV HAT has undergone extensive compliance testing and meets the following European standards:
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC) 2014/30/EU
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive 2011/65/EU
View and download global compliance certificates for Raspberry Pi products.
If you purchase a TV HAT, you must have the appropriate licence or approval to receive broadcast television in the country of intended use.