Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
The final revision of our third-generation single-board computer
1.4GHz 64-bit quad-core processor, dual-band wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2/BLE, faster Ethernet, and Power-over-Ethernet support (with separate PoE HAT)
Launched on π day
To get started you'll need:
- A micro SD card with NOOBS (see Software & OS tab)
- A high-quality 2.5A micro USB power supply, such as the official Raspberry Pi Universal Power Supply
For a step-by-step guide to getting your Pi up and running, check out our online Getting started guide.
Read basic and advanced guides to configuring your Raspberry Pi.
Read about accessing your Raspberry Pi remotely.
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ is the final revision in the Raspberry Pi 3 range.
- Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53 (ARMv8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.4GHz
- 1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz IEEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2, BLE
- Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0 (maximum throughput 300 Mbps)
- Extended 40-pin GPIO header
- Full-size HDMI
- 4 USB 2.0 ports
- CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting a Raspberry Pi touchscreen display
- 4-pole stereo output and composite video port
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- 5V/2.5A DC power input
- Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support (requires separate PoE HAT)
Software & OS
Beginners should start with the NOOBS (New Out Of Box Software) operating system installation manager, which gives the user a choice of operating system from the standard distributions.
SD cards with NOOBS pre-installed should be available from any of our global distributors and resellers. Alternatively, you can download NOOBS.
Raspbian is the recommended operating system for normal use on a Raspberry Pi.
Find help with installing Raspbian on your Pi in our online Getting started guide.
You can browse basic examples to help you get started with some of the software available in Raspbian, find more detail about the Raspbian operating system, or read information on fundamental Linux usage and commands for navigating the Raspberry Pi and managing its file system and users.
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ has undergone extensive compliance testing, and meets the following European standards:
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC) 2014/30/EU
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive 2011/65/EU
View and download global compliance certificates for Raspberry Pi products.
The dual-band wireless LAN comes with modular compliance certification. This allows the board to be designed into end product with significantly reduced wireless LAN compliance testing, improving both cost and time to market.
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ will remain in production until at least January 2026
Buy Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
Our mission is to put the power of computing and digital making into the hands of people all over the world. We do this so that more people are able to harness the power of computing and digital technologies for work, to solve problems that matter to them, and to express themselves creatively.