What is a Raspberry Pi?
You'll need (not included):
- Micro SD card with NOOBS
- Micro USB power supply (2.1 A)
And to use it as a desktop computer, you'll need:
- TV or monitor and HDMI cable
- Keyboard and mouse
For a step-by-step guide to getting your Pi up and running, check out our online Getting started guide.
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B is the earliest model of the third-generation Raspberry Pi. It replaced the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B in February 2016. See also the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, the latest product in the Raspberry Pi 3 range.
- Quad Core 1.2GHz Broadcom BCM2837 64bit CPU
- 1GB RAM
- BCM43438 wireless LAN and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on board
- 100 Base Ethernet
- 40-pin extended GPIO
- 4 USB 2 ports
- 4 Pole stereo output and composite video port
- Full size HDMI
- CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting a Raspberry Pi touchscreen display
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- Upgraded switched Micro USB power source up to 2.5A
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B has undergone extensive compliance testing, and meets the following European standards:
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC) 2014/30/EU
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive 2011/65/EU
View and download global compliance certificates for Raspberry Pi products.
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B will remain in production until at least January 2026