Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+
The Model B+ is the final revision of the original Raspberry Pi. It replaced the Model B in July 2014 and was superseded by the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
What is a Raspberry Pi?
Compared to the Model B it has:
- More GPIO pins. The GPIO header has grown to 40 pins, while retaining the same pinout for the first 26 pins as the Model A and B.
- More USB ports. It comes with 4 USB 2.0 ports, compared to 2 on the Model B, and better hotplug and overcurrent behaviour.
- Micro SD. The old friction-fit SD card socket has been replaced with a much nicer push-push micro SD version.
- 100 Base Ethernet (same as the original Model B)
- Lower power consumption. By replacing linear regulators with switching ones we’ve reduced power consumption by between 0.5W and 1W.
- Better audio. The audio circuit incorporates a dedicated low-noise power supply.
- Neater form factor. We’ve aligned the USB connectors with the board edge, moved composite video onto the 3.5mm jack, and added four squarely-placed mounting holes.
Software & OS
Beginners should start with NOOBS (New Out Of Box Software) which gives the user a choice of operating system from the standard distributions.
SD Cards with NOOBS Pre-installed should be available from any of our distributors and resellers globally
Alternatively it is available for download here
Raspbian is the recommended operating system for normal use on a Raspberry Pi
click here for basic examples to help you get started with some of the software available in Raspbian
click here for more detail on the Raspbian Operating System
click here for explanation of some fundamental Linux usage, and commands for getting around the Raspberry Pi and managing its file system and users
The Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+ has undergone extensive compliance testing, and meets the following European standards:
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC) 2014/30/EU
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive 2011/65/EU
View and download global compliance certificates for Raspberry Pi products.
Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+ will remain in production until at least January 2022
Buy Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+
Our mission is to put the power of computing and digital making into the hands of people all over the world. We do this so that more people are able to harness the power of computing and digital technologies for work, to solve problems that matter to them, and to express themselves creatively.