Raspberry Pi hardware setup
Plugging in your Raspberry Pi
- Begin by placing your SD card into the SD card slot on the Raspberry Pi. It will only fit one way.
- Next, plug your keyboard and mouse into the USB ports on the Raspberry Pi.
- Make sure that your monitor or TV is turned on, and that you have selected the right input (e.g. HDMI 1, DVI, etc).
- Connect your HDMI cable from your Raspberry Pi to your monitor or TV.
- If you intend to connect your Raspberry Pi to the internet, plug an Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port, or connect a WiFi dongle to one of the USB ports (unless you have a Raspberry Pi 3).
When you're happy that you have plugged all the cables and SD card in correctly, connect the micro USB power supply. This action will turn on and boot your Raspberry Pi.