newtothisstuff

How do you mount an android phone in Raspbian

Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:24 pm

I am trying to get pictures and videos on to my pi from my phone and I can't get my phone to mount at all. I am no good at using the terminal I've tried to mount it as camera but still no good. Any help? I am very very new to this stuff and any help would be grateful. Thanks in advance!

fruitoftheloom

Re: How do you mount an android phone in Raspbian

Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:55 pm

newtothisstuff wrote:I am trying to get pictures and videos on to my pi from my phone and I can't get my phone to mount at all. I am no good at using the terminal I've tried to mount it as camera but still no good. Any help? I am very very new to this stuff and any help would be grateful. Thanks in advance!
Connect the Phone via USB Cable and set the phone to USB Storage Mode..
Retired disgracefully.....

newtothisstuff

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:22 am

Thanks for the reply but that doesn't work. I have tried a few devices with a usb cable but still no luck. The phone doesn't come up when it's in mtp mode and when i set the phone to camera mode well it doesn't mount properly. Any more advice?

fruitoftheloom

Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:18 am

newtothisstuff wrote:Thanks for the reply but that doesn't work. I have tried a few devices with a usb cable but still no luck. The phone doesn't come up when it's in mtp mode and when i set the phone to camera mode well it doesn't mount properly. Any more advice?
I have a Nook HD+ Android Tablet which by default is in MTP Mode, when the USB Cable is plugged in Raspbian Wheezy pops up the ""removable medium is inserted"" message box, which is the way by default Android should behave afaiaa, maybe you have a bad quality USB Cable ? I have had cables which will only transmit power and not data !
Retired disgracefully.....

default_user8

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:18 am

Use ES file explorer on your phone and setup samba on your pi. Then you will be able to connect to your pi over your local network connection and transfer files as needed.
Two heads are better than one, unless one's a goat head.

topguy

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:09 am

Another nice app is File Expert for Android. It has SSH/SCP support so you dont need to do anything on Pi.

but..
"dmesg" is a program that outputs information about what the kernel does when you insert new hardware. If you run that after connecting your phone it should show us enough information to maybe help you.. other than that you have included very little detail about which commands you have tried or what kind of errors you got.

Loucozener

Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:32 am

Code: Select all

$ sudo apt-get install libmtp-runtime

Return to “Troubleshooting”