Does your Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 work on your RasPi?

Yes, both the keyboard and touchpad work
86%
Yes, the keyboard works but the touchpad doesn't
4%
No, but the touchpad works
1%
No, neither the keyboard nor the touchpad work.
10%

Total votes: 84
exarconda

Re: Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400: Does it work for

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:38 am

Model: B
Distro: Debian “squeeze” 19-04-2012,
Power Source: motorola androidcharger
Keyboard works: Yes, but almost every key sticks
Touchpad works: Yes, just fine
Nothing in other USB socket.

just pluged it in and it worked

EricKitt

Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:17 pm

I got my Pi on Friday and bought a K400 at Wal-Mart on Saturday (not having read this thread) because I figured if it didn't work I could just return it. It does work and is a fantastic match for the π IMHO.

Though being a Yank I did have a heck of time finding the @ symbol since the keyboard mapping default on the Debian image is set to Limey in the image. I'm new to linux and didn't have time to figure out how to fix it. I've googled it (on my regularly scheduled break time of course) and have come up with in-putting "dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration" ... can anyone if this is the correct way to do it? I also found the command "dpkg-reconfigure console-data" but as I'm stuck at work I can't test it out at the moment.

EricKitt

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:28 pm

NOTE: The command "sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration"
does the trick. You have to go through a bunch of screens and then re-boot. When you re-boot it will take longer than normal for your system to boot while it changes the keymapping. Once that's done though you're good to go and you get $ and all of the other things where they should to be. :p

exarconda

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:40 pm

i have now a powered usb-hub and no more problems regarding stickykeys

SQLEinstein

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:12 am

Logitech K400 wireless keyboard works perfectly for me. Plug and play.

My Setup:
Model: B
Distro: 2012-07-15-wheezy-raspbian
SD = Duracell 16GB SDHC Class 10 Memory Card (DU-SD1016G-C)
Power Source: IPhone 4 wall charger with a micro usb to usb cable.
Keyboard works: Yes
Touchpad works: Yes
Notes: Also works perfectly on RASPBMC

thelini

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:45 am

Yep, K400 works a dream for me.

Saves the need to crouch in front of my tv with a wired keyboard and mouse.. (Like I used to with my spectrum 30 years ago.. Although that did bring back some fond memories..)

FX4

Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:42 am

How exactly did you change the keyboard? As in what layout?

Montala

Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:28 am

FX4 wrote:How exactly did you change the keyboard? As in what layout?
If you are using the latest Raspbian "wheezy" image, and are in the UK you don't actually have to change anything at all,but if you aren't, then there is an option in the initial raspi-config menu where you can make any country specific changes.

rjm27trekkie

Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:24 pm

anybody have problems with double quotes mine outputs a @ instead of " when i press "

itimpi

Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:02 am

rjm27trekkie wrote:anybody have problems with double quotes mine outputs a @ instead of " when i press "
It sounds as if you have a US keyboard, and the Pi is configured for a UK one (that is the default for most of the Pi distributions). If using Rapbian distribution then running

Code: Select all

sudo raspi-config
will give you a chance to change the keyboard setting.

spadger

Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:38 am

Everything seems to work however mine keeps defaulting back to a US layout whereas I want the UK layout.

I have tried raspi-config and dpkg-reconfig... but it seems that during boot the keyboard is perhaps not seen and defaults to a US layout.....this corresponds with the fact that I have to remove and reinsert the usb dongle for the keyboard to be recognised after boot.

Any suggestions?

mitchel1220

Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:31 am

Hi,

My K400 works from beginning fine.
The only problem is that I cant set it to german keyboard layout.
I´ve done many times the sudo raspi-config to set it up and the pi remembers the settings but I have allways the english layout.
Any ideas community?

Sleep Mode zZ

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:35 am

mitchel1220 wrote:Hi,

The only problem is that I cant set it to german keyboard layout.
I´ve done many times the sudo raspi-config to set it up and the pi remembers the settings but I have allways the english layout.
Any ideas community?
There was/is a bug (not restricted to the Pi) with the X window system and the keyboard layout. When outside of X you will get the layout that you set. When in X, you get the UK layout.

If this is your problem, there is a workaroud. Create a file called .xsessionrc in your home directory and put the following text in it (I'm guessing that the identifier for the German keyboard map is "de"):

Code: Select all

setxkbmap de
This sets the right keyboard map for the X server.

mitchel1220

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:02 pm

Thanks Sleep Mode zZ
That was the solution !

efflandt

Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:46 am

I just got a K400 and it seems to work fine. But I already had dwc_otg.speed=1 at the end of the line in /boot/cmdline.txt to eliminate dropped or sticky keys and dropped mouse clicks with older Logitech di Novo Edge wireless keyboard.

Rev 2.0 model B
2012-10-18-wheezy-raspian image and: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo rpi-update
Linux rpi10 3.2.27+ #307 PREEMPT Mon Nov 26 23:22:29 GMT 2012 armv6l GNU/Linux
Adafruit 501 5.25 V 1 A (T1/T2: 5.00 V +/- 0.01 V)

icarokun

Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:13 pm

spadger wrote:Everything seems to work however mine keeps defaulting back to a US layout whereas I want the UK layout.

I have tried raspi-config and dpkg-reconfig... but it seems that during boot the keyboard is perhaps not seen and defaults to a US layout.....this corresponds with the fact that I have to remove and reinsert the usb dongle for the keyboard to be recognised after boot.

Any suggestions?
I also have to remove and reinsert the usb dongle after boot. Anyone can help with this problem?

PaulCheffus

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:53 pm

icarokun wrote:
spadger wrote:Everything seems to work however mine keeps defaulting back to a US layout whereas I want the UK layout.

Any suggestions?
I also have to remove and reinsert the usb dongle after boot. Anyone can help with this problem?
Hi

Which distro and version are you using? I have found it works perfectly with Raspbian v3.6.11.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

icarokun

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:02 pm

PaulCheffus wrote:
icarokun wrote:

Any suggestions?

Hi

Which distro and version are you using? I have found it works perfectly with Raspbian v3.6.11.

Cheers

Paul

I am using latest raspbian.

Regards.

PaulCheffus

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:13 am

icarokun wrote:
Hi

Cheers

Paul

Regards.[/quote]

Hi

Have you got the workaround in place? I found that the workaround used with 3.2.27 required me to unplug and plug in the keyboard dongle with v3.6.11. Removing the workaround fixed it.

Cheers

Paul

icarokun

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:42 am

PaulCheffus wrote:
icarokun wrote:
Hi

Cheers

Paul

Regards.
Hi

Have you got the workaround in place? I found that the workaround used with 3.2.27 required me to unplug and plug in the keyboard dongle with v3.6.11. Removing the workaround fixed it.

Cheers

Paul[/quote]

Sorry, I did't know about a workaround. How it works?

Thanks for you help Paul.
Regards

PaulCheffus

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:35 pm

icarokun wrote:
Sorry, I did't know about a workaround. How it works?

Thanks for you help Paul.
Regards
Hi

This is the workaround but I found it isn't required for v3.6 and actually has the opposite effect
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 39#p191054

Cheers

Paul

steve8633

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:45 am

My K400 worked straight away after 1st installation and boot.
But it stopped working after doing the "expand_rootfs" command in raspi-config to expand root partition to fill my 16GB SD card, and i had to reconfigure the keyboard settings to make it work again.
I use the 2012-12-16-wheezy-raspbian OS.

Stihl13

Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:14 am

Okay guys I haven't read through all the posts but I thought I would give you my experience with the k400 keyboard in case it may help anyone with the same issues I had. I am running my pi off a 4 port usb hub I got from radioshack with raspbian wheezy. It works fine for me although after initial it doesn't pick up the keyboard again. But, it seems that if you move around on the trackpad before the login appears, it will pick up the keyboard (previously I would have to unplug the usb dongle and plug it back in). So I'm guessing that perhaps the dongle searches for input at startup and when it doesn't recieve anything, it rejects or can't pick it up until it's restarted (unplugged and replugged). My apologies if this has already been posted.

ralferic

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:00 pm

How i got my K400 to work: to put things short, it all comes down to a good power supply with an usb hub. The long story is this: in my initial setup (pi only, no usb hub) the K400 keyboard only worked intermittedly. Even adding a hub did not help. After that, i soldered an y-cable and supplied hub and raspberry directly from the power supply. (Adding tantal capacitors on the way) This got keyboard and touchpad working. When i started using overclocking, it worked in all modes except turbo-mode. Finally i opened the hub and upgraded the power deglitching. My hub came with 100uF standard capacitors, which seemed to be a little poor for the K400. I have replaced the capacitor at the power input with an 220uF type, using a quality that is used for switching power supplies. On top of that, i have 10uF ceramic capacitors (smd) directly at the usb connectors. Keyboard and touchpad now work without any problems with my raspi in turbo mode. (Including an edimax wifi-adapter, connected to the same hub) The downside: i cannot close the case of my hub any more :|

Return to “Beginners”