Cia91

Re: RetroArch Emulator Frontend

Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:08 pm

Hi, i'm having some problem while configuring emulationstation.

Basically i want to configure the keybord with some different input, for example i want to use A instead of ENTER.

I've tried to remove es_input.cfg, but it doesn't ask for a configuration.

How can i change it manually?
Download GamePi OS: www.raspberrygaming.tk

Katamari

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:50 pm

Cia91 wrote:Hi, i'm having some problem while configuring emulationstation.

Basically i want to configure the keybord with some different input, for example i want to use A instead of ENTER.

I've tried to remove es_input.cfg, but it doesn't ask for a configuration.

How can i change it manually?
First off, you shouldn't have to do it manually. If you delete it (remember, you have to "sudo rm" to do so), then when you restart emulationstation, it will not have anything to reference and will make you setup a new configuration.
But if that didn't work or if you just want to set it manually to avoid other problems, then you can just open up that same file (once again, you will have to sudo and your favorite editor. I.e. "sudo nano es_input.cfg"). I don't have my Pi with me, so I am going off of memory for the rest of this: Within that file, there should be an area marked off by:

Code: Select all

<keyboard>
    Stuff here
</keyboard>
and within that area should be a some fairly obvious lines to assign the standard buttons (accept, page up/down, etc).
If I recall correctly, that file uses the keyboard key codes and not the actual key or some description of it (i.e. a is not "a", it is 65). As such, reference the tables on this webpage to set the keys to what you want: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AS2LCR/Flas ... 00520.html
I am almost certain it uses the "key code" and not the "ascii key code" (you can set page up/down to buttons, but they do not have ascii codes), so make sure you use that one.

Aloshi

Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:13 pm

For reference, here's my es_input.cfg:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<inputList>
	<inputConfig type="keyboard">
		<input name="a" type="key" id="13" value="1" />
		<input name="b" type="key" id="27" value="1" />
		<input name="down" type="key" id="274" value="1" />
		<input name="left" type="key" id="276" value="1" />
		<input name="menu" type="key" id="282" value="1" />
		<input name="pagedown" type="key" id="281" value="1" />
		<input name="pageup" type="key" id="280" value="1" />
		<input name="right" type="key" id="275" value="1" />
		<input name="select" type="key" id="283" value="1" />
		<input name="up" type="key" id="273" value="1" />
	</inputConfig>
</inputList>
Just change the "id=" part to the decimal value on this table.

Cia91

Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:05 am

Tnx for help, but i havent a keyboard section... I thin i'm running an old version.. I will update it and then change this file...

alebiasin

Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:13 pm

It's been a while since my last post here. I was busy with the hardware part more than the software.
Finally, I have a working two player arcade control.
Link: http://bitacora-alex.blogspot.com.ar/20 ... ntrol.html
I would like to thank all of you who helped me here.
Alex

Cia91

Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:51 pm

I've solved the problem reinstalling emulationstation on a new sd, and now it ask me to configure the keyboard when i launch it.

Now, i have a new problem, i think is a sort of bug..

When i start emulationstation i have all the themes image, but when i move they start to disappear.

I've made a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PD5fu80Wic

Sorry for the bad focus :/

petrockblog

Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:08 pm

The recent version of RetroArch leads to this error during compilation:

CC gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.c
gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.c: In function ‘gfx_ctx_destroy’:
gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.c:287:10: error: too few arguments to function ‘gfx_ctx_bind_api’
gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.c:246:13: note: declared here
gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.c:301:10: error: too few arguments to function ‘gfx_ctx_bind_api’
gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.c:313:7: error: too few arguments to function ‘gfx_ctx_bind_api’
gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.c: In function ‘gfx_ctx_init_egl_image_buffer’:
gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.c:408:4: error: too few arguments to function ‘gfx_ctx_bind_api’
gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.c:427:4: error: too few arguments to function ‘gfx_ctx_bind_api’
gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.c: In function ‘gfx_ctx_write_egl_image’:
gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.c:456:4: error: too few arguments to function ‘gfx_ctx_bind_api’
gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.c: At top level:
/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/vcos_timer.h:112:6: warning: inline function ‘vcos_timer_delete’ declared but never defined [enabled by default]
/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/vcos_timer.h:109:6: warning: inline function ‘vcos_timer_reset’ declared but never defined [enabled by default]
/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/vcos_timer.h:102:6: warning: inline function ‘vcos_timer_cancel’ declared but never defined [enabled by default]
/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/vcos_timer.h:95:6: warning: inline function ‘vcos_timer_set’ declared but never defined [enabled by default]
/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/vcos_timer.h:80:15: warning: inline function ‘vcos_timer_create’ declared but never defined [enabled by default]
/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/vcos_thread.h:269:6: warning: inline function ‘vcos_thread_resume’ declared but never defined [enabled by default]
/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/vcos_thread.h:262:5: warning: inline function ‘vcos_thread_running’ declared but never defined [enabled by default]
/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/vcos_thread.h:251:15: warning: inline function ‘vcos_change_preemption’ declared but never defined [enabled by default]
/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/vcos_thread.h:234:6: warning: inline function ‘vcos_thread_relinquish’ declared but never defined [enabled by default]
/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/vcos_thread.h:186:15: warning: inline function ‘vcos_thread_get_affinity’ declared but never defined [enabled by default]
/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/vcos_timer.h:112:6: warning: inline function ‘vcos_timer_delete’ declared but never defined [enabled by default]
/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/vcos_timer.h:109:6: warning: inline function ‘vcos_timer_reset’ declared but never defined [enabled by default]
/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/vcos_timer.h:102:6: warning: inline function ‘vcos_timer_cancel’ declared but never defined [enabled by default]
/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/vcos_timer.h:95:6: warning: inline function ‘vcos_timer_set’ declared but never defined [enabled by default]
/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/vcos_timer.h:80:15: warning: inline function ‘vcos_timer_create’ declared but never defined [enabled by default]
/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/vcos_thread.h:269:6: warning: inline function ‘vcos_thread_resume’ declared but never defined [enabled by default]
/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/vcos_thread.h:262:5: warning: inline function ‘vcos_thread_running’ declared but never defined [enabled by default]
/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/vcos_thread.h:251:15: warning: inline function ‘vcos_change_preemption’ declared but never defined [enabled by default]
/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/vcos_thread.h:234:6: warning: inline function ‘vcos_thread_relinquish’ declared but never defined [enabled by default]
/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/vcos_thread.h:186:15: warning: inline function ‘vcos_thread_get_affinity’ declared but never defined [enabled by default]
make: *** [gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.o] Error 1
Does someone have an idea how to solve this issue?
fun stuff for technics enthusiasts: www.petrockblock.com

petrockblog

Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:54 am

petrockblog wrote:The recent version of RetroArch leads to this error during compilation:

CC gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.c
gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.c: In function ‘gfx_ctx_destroy’:
gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.c:287:10: error: too few arguments to function ‘gfx_ctx_bind_api’
gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.c:301:10: error: too few arguments to function ‘gfx_ctx_bind_api’
gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.c:313:7: error: too few arguments to function ‘gfx_ctx_bind_api’
gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.c: In function ‘gfx_ctx_init_egl_image_buffer’:
gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.c:408:4: error: too few arguments to function ‘gfx_ctx_bind_api’
gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.c:427:4: error: too few arguments to function ‘gfx_ctx_bind_api’
gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.c: In function ‘gfx_ctx_write_egl_image’:
gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.c:456:4: error: too few arguments to function ‘gfx_ctx_bind_api’
gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.c: At top level:
make: *** [gfx/context/vc_egl_ctx.o] Error 1
Does someone have an idea how to solve this issue?
I am not 100% sure about the cause of this compilation error. However, if I use the new official RetroArch repository at git://github.com/libretro/RetroArch.git it compiles without errors.

tiago.almeida

Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:35 pm

I'm trying to build universal console as PetroRockBlock did (http://blog.petrockblock.com/) using retropie and emulationstation.

However I'm having a couple of problems. First of all, my RPi is not dedicated to this, it runs xbmc, samba server, and deluge torrent server, maybe I buy another one.

Little by little I'm configuring retropie and it's emulators, I was able to use PS3's DualShock 3 controler using a bluetooth dongle! Here's my problems.

NES:
Nintendo emulator doesn't starts at all! It complains about a missing file, I dont have error now, post it later

Master System:
Osmose emulator is ugly and crapy, it doesn't fit the whole screen (Led TV 40''), it uses a square on center of the screen. Movements are controled by left analog of DualShock 3, and I didn't find a way to configure it to pad and the worst of all no buttons make Osmose quit and get back to menu (emulationstation) I have to "pkill osmose" remotely by ssh!

Genesis:
Black screen with every rom, tested it little.

Super Nintendo:
Can't full screen (small square on center of screen, not that small but doesn't even fit heigh), Super Mario Kart glitches and crashes.

Another thing that irritates me is that DualShock 3 led is blinking all the time (as if its trying to conect, but its connected), but this is issue with sixad I believe.

My questions:
Does anyone have a Osmose alternative to emulate Master System in Raspberry Pi? Anyone have issues running NES games?

These are the issues I'm trying to address at moment. My dream is to have a RPi ready and loaded with all roms and emulators, change 'source' on tv, grab PS3 controller and starting playing it.

Regards!

guzunty

Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:27 am

Hi,

Is there a way to get RetroArch to render directly to the linux frame buffer?

I'd like to get games running on a small LCD directly attached to the RPi GPIO, but so far I've had no success.

I can do this with AdvMAME by setting SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1. I've tried setting RetroArch to use sdl as the video driver and then using the same envvar setting, but it stops with either an assertion failure or a seg fault.

I'm going to have a closer look at the failure points, but thought I'd ask in case there is some obvious configuration I've missed.

thanks,

Derek.
Guzunty: A fully programmable peripheral you build yourself! https://github.com/Guzunty/Pi/wiki

arimal

Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:43 am

I don't have a link on hand but there was a patch floating around for osmose to give it a quit on joystick button function.

Found it.
https://github.com/badman12345/osmose-r ... 0302.patch

KitchUK

Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:52 am

Can anyone help with this problem? I'm running retropie and have some worries with the mame4all core that's included as part of retroarch.

Some games for have sound and I understand that they will need their required samples. Where do I put the samples? There is no folder to place these and nothing in retroarch to point to any directory for samples.

Also has anyone been able to get R-Type 2 to work with sound with mame4all? Mine runs solidly but the sound is missing. I'm sure this game doesn't need samples.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

welshy

Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:04 pm

KitchUK
No, R-type II doesn't require samples, the sound does indeed not seem to work in iMAME4ALL (RetroArch Core). Its fine in AdvMAME (but rendering is slow) and PiMAME4ALL (works perfectly). It may just be that the title's sound just isn't implemented in the version of MAME iMAME4ALL is based on. The forum does mention MAME samples are implemented, however, it isn't obvious how to use them, RetroArch is a good 'all rounder' but depending on the Core used its either superior: PC Engine, MegaDrive, or inferior: PlayStation, MAME, SNES.
"The list of things I have heard now contains everything!"

KitchUK

Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:17 pm

Ah at least I know now it's the emulators problem. I downloaded the pi mame4all and set everything up within emulation station but I can't get it to load straight into a game.

It starts the mame4all in the command line but then just gives me info about various options and then throws me back to es. I can't figure out how to make it boot straight into a rom.

Aloshi

Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:29 pm

What is your launch command? If I recall correctly MAME usually uses "rom names" instead of the path to a ROM (I added a tag that does this a while back, "%BASENAME%", for someone who wanted to use it with AdvanceMAME).

suerpkoal

Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:36 pm

So I've set up a dual boot environment with raspbmc and raspbian with retropie/emulationstation.

It works great so far (binary install), but there are a 2 emulators i can't get to run:
1st one is psx:
I tried crash bandicoot as a .bin file (no cue) even with a bios (named with all lower case letters) in the rom folder.
Gives me an error about unknown cycle_multiplier.
2nd one: n64
I tried a few games (mario kart, mario party, kazooie,...) but it won't start too with an error message about some library not found. Do i need a bios for n64?

(s)nes running great!!!

And finally a question for my setup:
I wrote a script that sets raspbmc as the system noobs will boot into-
I want to run it at startup of raspbian so that if i reboot out of emulationstation it will boot to raspbmc.
What is the best way to do this, via init.d?
In raspbmc i got the inverse script i can launch via advanced launcher addon. you get the idea.

KitchUK

Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:50 pm

Aloshi wrote:What is your launch command? If I recall correctly MAME usually uses "rom names" instead of the path to a ROM (I added a tag that does this a while back, "%BASENAME%", for someone who wanted to use it with AdvanceMAME).
I'm adding %ROM% to the end of the command in es_systems.cfg

Do I need to add %BASENAME% instead?

welshy

Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:03 pm

suerpkoal
No Bios required for the N64, your EmulationStation script is probably incorrect, it isn't finding the plugins required (Graphics/Sound/Input etc.) due to the program looking in the wrong folder. Either change the mupenplus64.cfg file to the correct directory/location or Takenover has written this script in his UltimateSlim SD Image -

DESCNAME=Nintendo 64
NAME=Nintendo 64
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/n64
EXTENSION=.n64 .z64 .N64 .Z64
COMMAND=cd /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/mupen64plus-rpi/test/ && ./mupen64plus %ROM% && cd /home/pi/

As PlayStation, the 'Built in' Bios is sufficient to run Crash, either -
1. you need the .cue file (you can find programs to produce these, search the Web)
2. The Image may be corrupted (Try another source)
3. Again your EmulationStation script may be incorrect

Ridrok

Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:18 pm

Hello all,

I have setup retroarch with the "from source" setup on my PI for me and my children :)
This setup took 20H approximately.

I post here because I did have a hard time make it run properly and had to change many things in RetroArch configurations for this to work.
My plan was to run Arcade games and especially Outrun set 2, Genesys games, PS1 games and some N64 ones.

For all this, let's start with the hardware.
1) I have added a heat sink to the core because inside the PyBow it went too hot.

2) CPU and core overclocking configuration:
I have a modem B, then 512MB Ram

arm_freq=900
core_freq=420
gpu_freq=280
sdram_freq=480
force_turbo=0
gpu_mem=128
This is the required speed

3) TV/fb setup
I own a Panasonic VT50 plasma, I had to test many configuration to find a suitable one. Finally I put the Raspberry Pi in 720p mode, this is the only way I found to have full screen games instead of a little box in the middle of the screen.
This is what it looks like in my /boot/config.txt

hdmi_group=1
hdmi_mode=4
overscan_scale=1
overscan_left=-20
overscan_right=-22
overscan_top=-30
overscan_bottom=-30
4) The governor
I use the latest raspbian, then I have the kernel 3.10.19+ which use the "powersave" governor by default.
It's a problem since I don't want my Pi to always run at 900Mz, but only when required. This is why I did set force_turbo=0 in config.txt, I want the "ondemand" governor to up the processor to 900Mhz when load is > 75% and lower overload detection to scale down a bit later than normal.
I added this in /etc/rc/local

# Change the governor to ondemand and set scaling parameters
echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
echo -n 75 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold
echo -n 10 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_down_factor
5) Retroarch.

Now we enter the subject: alter Retroarch.
a) Cleanup = remove not needed entries in ".emulationstation/es_systems.cfg"
I did comment the following sections because these emulator are displayed in Retroarch even when we don't add any "roms" to them:
DESCNAME=Apple ][
DESCNAME=Basilisk II
DESCNAME=PC (x86)

b) Make emulators run in 720p
Retroarch launch most emulators in CEA1 mode ([email protected]), which is very bad on my TV. It's a small centered rectangle in the middle of the screen. Then I changed some launching commands.

Genesis (change the "1" by a "2" after "runcommand.sh", this prevents the runcommand from forcing CEA1)

DESCNAME=Sega Mega Drive / Genesis
NAME=megadrive
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/megadrive
EXTENSION=.smd .SMD .bin .BIN
COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 2 "/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin/retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/picodrive/picodrive_libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/megadrive/retroarch.cfg  %ROM%"
PLATFORMID=18
Playstation 1 : Same thing, change the "1" and put "2" instead to prevent the resolution switch. This emulator works very well at full speed.

DESCNAME=Sony Playstation 1
NAME=psx
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/psx
EXTENSION=.img .IMG .7z .7Z .pbp .PBP .bin .BIN
COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 2 "/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin/retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/pcsx_rearmed/libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/rettroarch.cfg --appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/psx/retroarch.cfg %ROM%"
PLATFORMID=10
Arcade: I found no way to have the default imame4all used with libretro to be fast enough to run Outrun, then after a lot of research and test, I switched retroarch to use mame4all-pi which is installed by Retroarch. This version is a lot better and runs outrun properly !!
Here is my new section in .emulationstation/es_systems.cfg

DESCNAME=MAME
NAME=mame
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mame
EXTENSION=.zip .ZIP
COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/mame4all-pi/rungame.sh %ROM%
PLATFORMID=23
And this is the /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/mame4all-pi/rungame.sh I created. It's probably awful by I am not at all a bash knower.

#!/bin/bash
rom=$1

pushd /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/mame4all-pi
for i in `echo ${rom} | tr '/' '\n'` ; do
    str=${i}
done
IFS="." ; name=($str)
./mame ${name[0]}

popd
Then, you have to create some folder not created by default in mame4all-pi folder

mkdir /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/mame4all-pi/cfg
mkdir /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/mame4all-pi/hi
mkdir /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/mame4all-pi/sta
And here are the relevant parts of the configuration file I changed in /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/mame4all-pi/mame.cfg

samplerate=22050
rompath=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mame
N64: I still haven't found a way to make it working properly mainly because I use a keyboard only for the time being and mupen64plus has the keyboard broken it seams.
By the way, this are the settings I have the best performances with:
I don't remmember what I changed in /home/pi/.config/mupen64plus/mupen64plus.cfg, but here is what I think may be different from the original or at least you have to check

[Audio-RPI]
DEFAULT_FREQUENCY = 10000

[Core]
R4300Emulator = 2

[Video-General]
Fullscreen = True
ScreenWidth = 640
ScreenHeight = 480
VerticalSync = False

[Video-Rice]
ScreenUpdateSetting = 6
SkipFrame = True
I did test Super Mario 64, it runs quite well but the sound is lagging and you can only start the game and never close the first text windows asking you to press [A] or button since the keyboard support is broken.
I did test Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask, but it has many missing textures and also lags a lot with bad sound during the introduction video, I cannot test further without keyboard support.

6) Autologon + emulationstation auto-launch, it's written everywhere, but I post it anyway.
Changes in /etc/inittab
#1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty --noclear 38400 tty1
1:2345:respawn:/bin/login -f pi tty1 </dev/tty1 >/dev/tty1 2>&1

Addition at the very end of /home/pi/.bashrc

./_startup.sh 
A new file I created to handle the auto-launch of emulationstation: /home/pi/_startup.sh

#!/bin/sh

PROG='emulationstation'
if ps ax | grep -v grep | grep $PROG > /dev/null
then
    echo "EmulationStation is already running"
else
    /usr/bin/emulationstation
    #echo "NOT running"
fi
With this emulationstation is launch at PI auto-login but not when you acess the PI from SSH.

This is it. I hope you find it useful and maybe you can help me with N64 emulation.
Ridrok

welshy

Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:30 pm

Ridrok
Please do remember, Mupen64plus-Rpi is a WIP 'Alpha' which was kindly made available by ric_rpi for the community and hopefully assist him in development. The latest dev build is much improved.

Download Here - https://github.com/ricrpi/mupen64plus-rpi/tree/ric_dev

Takenover83

Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:44 pm

with the latest dev branch, you can get past the menu in Mario 64 (using keyboard). So some of the keys that were not working before are working.

Ridrok

Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:06 pm

Ok, thank-you to both of you.

Retroarch-setup did pull the November 17th version of Mupen64plus-Rpi from ric_rpi git repository, then I think I have to pull the November 19th commits and compile it again :)

Ridrok

petrockblog

Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:08 pm

Ridrok wrote:Ok, thank-you to both of you.

Retroarch-setup did pull the November 17th version of Mupen64plus-Rpi from ric_rpi git repository, then I think I have to pull the November 19th commits and compile it again :)

Ridrok
Thanks a lot for your detailed post above! Some of the details will be added to the RetroPie Setup Script so that others will benefit from that as well :-)

ric_rpi is really doing a great work for the community!

Ridrok

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:52 pm

Thank you petrockblog,

I updated a bit my scripts because of some small problems.
In ~/.bashrc, I did change the line to this in order to work in case you "source ~/bashrc" from another directory

~/_startup.sh
And the ~/_startup.sh changed a bit too to not try to launch emulationstation when connecting from SSH.

#!/bin/sh

if ! [ -n "$SSH_CLIENT" ] && ! [ -n "$SSH_TTY" ]
then
    PROG='emulationstation'
    if ps ax | grep -v grep | grep $PROG > /dev/null
    then
        echo "EmulationStation is already running"
    else
        /usr/bin/emulationstation
    fi
fi
Also, I did alter a bit source of picodrive just to suppress the error "couldn't load carthw.cfg!"
in file /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/picodrive/pico/cart.c around lines 727. I just added the hardcoded path since the emulator is run from the path you launched the emulationstation command.

f = fopen(carthw_cfg, "r");
  if (f == NULL)
    f = fopen("pico/carthw.cfg", "r");
  if (f == NULL) // added
    f = fopen("/home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/picodrive/pico/carthw.cfg", "r"); // added
  if (f == NULL)
    elprintf(EL_STATUS, "couldn't open carthw.cfg!");
Then recompilation using: make -f Makefile.libretro platform=armv6
I did this to fix the error in a bad way I know, I did not have time to make the code find the path of the executable and just append "/pico/carthw.cfg"

Ridrok

glitch1118

Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:12 pm

MIDItheKID wrote:Does anybody know if the retroarch.cfg accepts inputs from the GPIO pins? If it does not, is there something I could add to the retroarch.cfg to set it up to allow input from the GPIO pins?

Maybe something like:

GPIO.setup(13, GPIO.IN)
input_exit_emulator_btn = GPIO.input(13, True)

Theoretically making it so if I trigger GPIO13, it will return to the emulator screen in EmulationStation. Basically what i'm trying to do here is make an external "reset" button for the emulator where I can mount a momentary push button that will run the "input_exit_emulator_btn" command.

has anyone had any luck with this idea?
i am using a USB controller and would like to set up a separate button that uses the GPIO pins to exit the emulator.

thanks for the help...

Return to “Gaming”