Gary Littlemore

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:09 pm

@Ricolk

Thanks, I didn't think of that. I haven't formatted the old card, I'll load it back up later.

Gary
ricolk wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:53 pm
@Gary Littlemore
I’ve just done a fresh install on the new bigger MicroSD card and I’m using the internal motion setting, I’m getting recordings with long times 200s
You could recover your setting from your old SD if you did't format it.

Ricolk
3b+, 2b, b+, b, Zero & Zero-W

thelewiss

Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:11 pm

Hello,

Is anyone else having/have had the same problem as me?

The mp4 recordings (Just the recordings) are blurry. The images are not.

I haven't got a blur image effect enabled and the camera is in focus.

Any ideas?

Thanks

ras07

Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:33 pm

thelewiss wrote:

Interesting, I haven't seen anything like that. What are your video and still image resolutions set to? Can you post the contents of your uconfig file?

thelewiss

Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:57 pm

ras07 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:33 pm
thelewiss wrote:

Interesting, I haven't seen anything like that. What are your video and still image resolutions set to? Can you post the contents of your uconfig file?
I've manage to get hold of another system to try the video on, and it's not blurry. Must be some sort of video effect enabled on the player?

Sorry for wasting your time and thanks for your help.

rpiuser2016

Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:10 am

Good day anyone.

I am trying to add a user button.

I have renamed userbuttonsD to userbuttons, modified file to:

Code: Select all

#User buttons definitions
#maximum of six buttons
#button name,macro,button styles,other attributes
Button One,test.sh,btn btn-danger btn-lg,style="width:50%" autofocus
Warning Button,button2.sh,btn btn-warning btn-lg,style="width:50%"
Success Button,button3.sh,btn btn-success btn-lg,style="width:50%"
put test.sh into macros directory.

Then I am starting RPI CAM Webinterface, I can see a new userbutton. But then I pressed it, nothing happened. Then I manually start test.sh i see a result.
Help please

UPD The answer is - you should give permissions to test.sh to execute by "others"

rpiuser2016

Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:05 pm

I want to control GPIO from RPI-CAM Webinerface

I have succesfully add 2 new buttons wich starts two scripts - one of them set GPIO TO HIGH and other one to LOW.

Then I am executing this scripts as a user PI, everything works fine.

But then I am executing this scripts using buttons from RPI-CAM Webinerface, NOTHING HAPPENED.

UPD www-data user have permissions to write to GPIO

rpiuser2016

Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:22 pm

Solved, after this viewtopic.php?p=1448286#p1448286

reinstall & reboot

Thanks for rpdom!

ras07

Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:25 pm

I have several wildlife cams set up outside, within a wifi range that give me adequate (but not stellar) throughput. One viewer can watch the live feed at HD resolution with no problems, but if three or four browsers/devices are trying to watch simultaneously it gets stuttery.

I'd like to figure out a way to proxy the feed somehow so multiple people can view simultaneously (in other words, there's one stream going from the cam to some kind of proxy server over slow wifi, and then there's multiple simultaneous streams going from the proxy server to multiple viewing devices over fast wifi and/or wired ethernet).

Does anybody have a recommendation for a place to start on this?

Kaushik

Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:36 am

Hi,
I am unable to do video capture by sending a 'ca 1' to FIFO. I remember I could do this, when I last used a few months back.

I am not starting the scheduler (php schedule.php)
1) I am only starting raspimjpeg:
sudo su -c raspimjpeg www-data

I see that the last two lines in stdout are:
MJPEG streaming, ready to receive commands
send smd 9

(shouldn't there be a line 'starting command loop' )

2) Then I do, echo -n 'ca 1' > /var/www/html/FIFO

No video capture done. It does work if I start the scheduler. Has something changed? Can i send 'ca 1' without scheduler?
Thanks

oldjake

Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:47 am

Morning

Can't remember if I've asked this before but I'm looking at this again and can't work out the answer.

I'm using Smartthings with ActionTiles and trying to add my camera feed. It's asking for the feed URL.

If I use http://my.ip.add.ress/cam/min.php then I just get a broken image < This works in the browser, not in ActionTiles

If I use http://my.ip.add.ress/cam/cam_pic.php then I get a static image that, when I refresh, updates

I've asked in the ActionTiles forum and they've come back with this:

"You need to be sure to have to URL for the plain MJPEG stream..."

So, what would that be, please?

Best regards
Andy

ras07

Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:47 pm

oldjake wrote:

Have you tried http://my.ip.add.ress/cam/cam_pic_new.php ?

oldjake

Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:15 am

ras07 wrote:
oldjake wrote:

I have indeed. But that only seems to show the latest image as far as I can remember

ras07

Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:23 pm

oldjake wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:15 am
ras07 wrote:
I have indeed. But that only seems to show the latest image as far as I can remember
cam_pic.php returns a static image; cam_pic_new.php returns a stream. My (imperfect) understanding is that this is "the plain MJPEG stream". From the docs at https://elinux.org/RPi-Cam-Web-Interface#Data_Flow :

These captures may be accessed via URLs on the Apache Web server. cam_pic.php process returns the latest one and cam_pic_new.php merges them into a mjpeg stream.
[/code]

Svetlin

Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:51 am

Hello!

Is it possible to start and stop recording from the command line?

ras07

Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:48 pm

Svetlin wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:51 am
Is it possible to start and stop recording from the command line?
You can do many things (including start/stop recording) from the command line by writing to the FIFO queue. For example to start recording: (Note that your directory name may be different depending upon your installation)

echo 'ca 1' > /var/www/FIFO
And to stop:

echo 'ca 0' > /var/www/FIFO
While this command will capture 25 seconds of video and then stop:

echo 'ca 1 25' > /var/www/FIFO
You can see a list of available commands by clicking on the 'Edit schedule settings' button, and then 'Command reference'.

oldjake

Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:33 am

@ras07

Doh! My mistake. I think I'd messed with this for so long that I couldn't see the wood for the trees. Just went back and tried again and it works!

Thank you! Sometimes it needs a fresh pair of eyes to sanity check things.

PeytonSeabolt

Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:16 pm

So I'm having an issue. I have two cameras, both running the interface. I have multi view set up fine, and I also have an external HDD attached to one of the cameras, but I can't figure out how to use the fstab bind to bind the directory of stored video to my external HDD. I'm sort of a noobie when it comes to this stuff. I found the storage location for pics and video in the config file for the cam web interface, but I'm just not sure what I need to append to the fstab file. Can someone help me?

ras07

Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:14 pm

PeytonSeabolt wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:16 pm
So I'm having an issue. I have two cameras, both running the interface. I have multi view set up fine, and I also have an external HDD attached to one of the cameras, but I can't figure out how to use the fstab bind to bind the directory of stored video to my external HDD. I'm sort of a noobie when it comes to this stuff. I found the storage location for pics and video in the config file for the cam web interface, but I'm just not sure what I need to append to the fstab file. Can someone help me?
I'd recommend against changing the directories in the Cam Web Interface configuration. There are several settings you have to change and some of them can get overwritten during updates; also, it doesn't seem to work right unless it's off your base Cam Web Interface directory anyway. Instead, just mount the external drive directly to your existing media directory.

It'll depend on your exact setup, and especially your hard drive format, but your fstab should look something like this:

/dev/sda1       /var/www/html/media        ntfs defaults,noatime,auto,nofail,uid=www-data,gid=www-data,umask=0022       0       0
  • /dev/sda1 might be different; you can probably figure this out by executing sudo blkid (look for the device that looks like your USB drive; if it's not obvious, run the command with and without the drive plugged in). Be sure to use sudo or you may only get partial results (which probably won't include your USB drive).
  • /var/www/html/media : this is your existing media directory (may be different if you installed it somewhere other than html).
  • ntfs : this is the drive format; blkid should tell you this too (look for the TYPE field).
  • defaults,... : These are the mount options; you may need to change some of these depending on your drive format, but these are a good place to start.
Make sure your media folder is empty before you mount the drive. (Mounting over the top of files won't delete them, but they won't be accessible with the drive mounted.) Also, you may need an additional package if the drive is NTFS (aka Windows format). If you mount it as above and you can't write to the drive, run sudo apt-get install ntfs-3g, and then change ntfs in the above fstab line to ntfs-3g. (Sorry, I can't remember exactly when this is necessary and when it isn't.) If you're only ever going to use the drive for this, I'd just format it EXT4.

ras

Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:54 am

Hi,

could anyone give me a hint why my motion detection is not taking any pictures at all?

I got a raspberry pi w zero with a raspberry pi cam and installes the latest rpi cam control v6.4.50.
Taking pictures, Videos and timelapse work like a charm.

But when I configure
Motion detect mode: 'internal'

and press 'motion detection start' no pictures are taken at all.

When enable 'Motion Vector Preview:' I can see lots of motion detected, but anyway no picture or video is taken....

Do I have to configure the action somewhere else, what to do if a motion is detected?

Thanks alot!

Cheers

ras07

Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:20 pm

4920441 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:54 am
could anyone give me a hint why my motion detection is not taking any pictures at all?
Add %c %f to your annotation. The first value represents motion; when it gets above the value you have set for motion threshold, it should start recording.

What do you have set for noise level and threshold in your motion settings?

Can you post the contents of your uconfig file?

Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:42 am

Hi,
Add %c %f to your annotation. The first value represents motion; when it gets above the value you have set for motion threshold, it should start recording.
Erm, thanks for the hint, but where should I put it? I am currently a bit out of webinterface-context:-)

My uconfig file reads as follow:

rotation 180
video_width 1296
video_height 972
vector_preview 0
motion_external 0

so, nothing special at all.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

ras07

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:42 pm

4920441 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:42 am
Erm, thanks for the hint, but where should I put it? I am currently a bit out of webinterface-context:-)
In the web interface, under Camera Settings, the 4th item is Annotation. The default is

RPi Cam %Y.%M.%D_%h:%m:%s 
Just set it to

RPi Cam %Y.%M.%D_%h:%m:%s %c %f
You will see the values on the image. The first number will bounce around when there is motion, and if it gets above the threshold (the threshold default is 250) the second number should start to increment and video recording should start. The second number represents how many frames have been captured. Your uconfig file looks fine.

Rednecknerd

Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:36 pm

Has anyone set this up with a captive portal?

I have it setup in apache and am currently building one in lightpd.

The RPi is its own hotspot. I would like for it to force me to the appropriate web page when I join its network and open a browser.
And not have to enter the appropriate ip address.
This is to make it easier for some of my not so tech savy friends.
I can do it!......What is it you want me to do?

ras07

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:52 pm

Rednecknerd wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:36 pm
Has anyone set this up with a captive portal?
I haven't heard of anyone doing that, but it's a great idea. There are several captive portal options for the Pi that I'm sure would work, but really, since you already have a web server set up via RPi Cam Web, I think all you really need is a very minimal DNS server (such as DNSMASQ) that's configured to always return your Pi's IP no matter what. If you Google "DNSMASQ captive portal" it looks like a one-line config would do the job. If you make it work it would be great if you could detail the process here.

On a semi-related note, I've set up my system to point most visitors to a minimal view (just the MJPEG stream, no controls at all) while still having the full interface on a separate URL for my purposes, with no passwords on either interface. It's not designed to be secure of course (everything's behind a firewall anyway) but it does let visitors easily view it without me worrying about someone accidentally changing settings or deleting videos. If that would be useful for your situation let me know and I'll write it up.

Rednecknerd

Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:11 pm

ras07 Thanks for the input. I may have been making it harder that it has to be.

I like your idea of two urls. I may use that for a future project.
This one is for them to play with.

Think cheap gopro with no sound and ridiculous battery life. 3~4 hours.
I can do it!......What is it you want me to do?

Return to “Camera board”