We have designed the LCD-PI32 shield for the Raspberry Pi (RPi), which provides a 3.2” display for the RPi. It features a 3.2” TFT LCD 320x240 resolution display, 65k colors, a touchscreen and five push buttons.
The LCD-PI32 connects directly to the GPIO connector of the RPi which provides everything the LCD-PI32 requires. It uses only SPI pins and one GPIO pin. The rest of pins are free for other use. Push buttons require no additional pins, their status can be read over SPI. LCD-PI32 uses the following pins from the GPIO connector:
SCLK - LCD controller and touch screen controller
MOSI - LCD controller and touch screen controller
MISO - reading push buttons, touch screen controller
CE0 - LCD controller, for reading push buttons
CE1 - touch screen controller
GPIO17 - touch screen controller (interrupt)
GPIO18 - backlight control (optional)
+5V - backlight power (75 mA typ.)
+3.3V - logic power (20 mA typ.)
GND - common ground
The rest of pins are free for other use. The shield also includes 4 mounting holes for easy mounting.
Main LCD-PI32 features are:
- 3.2” TFT LCD Display, 320x240 Resolution
- 5 push buttons, status available over SPI
- Linux framebuffer driver, no special software required for working with display
- Mounting holes for standard M3 screws/bolts to fasten the display
- Powered directly from the Raspberry Pi (logic from 3.3V, backlight from 5V), no additional power required
You can see it in action here: http://youtu.be/S3Lh_vuZ1u0
Modules can be bought on http://hwlevel.com/shop/index.php?main_ ... oducts_new
or on eBay.