I am not a programmer and have been struggling a lot with trying things/settings. I ran into the same problem as the other guys on this page and still nothing helped me.
Since I think the problem was at the end of Google's security policies, I kept digging and tried something like access by a new device or application, which can be found on:https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
After I enabled it, the emails went out ! In a way that setting didn't make any sense to me, after checking all other settings on google's help pages.
Anyways, I came across another problem that I found on the "https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha" page.
When I copy commands from that page to the LXTerminal window, they cannot be executed properly due to an encoding problem.
In the echo "Test text" command, the LXTerminal shows the 66 and 99 apostrophes
while they have to be the two double apostrophes.
I'm sorry I can't explain it differently, but make sure they are "
symbols and NOT the curved apostrophes. It is so damn sensitive and that's why I'm not a programmer. These things drive me crazy. I just wanted to shout this out to you guys struggling with it like I did
Things are finally working the way they should. Everyone thanks for the tips and advice!