Macwinmr

Minecraft Pocket Edition World on pi edition?

Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:26 am

Hi, is it possible to port minecraft pocket edition worlds to the pi edition? I have some really nice worlds that I have made on my iPad but don't know if they are possible to port, thanks :D

davedude0

Re: Minecraft Pocket Edition World on pi edition?

Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:28 pm

I'm not sure - you may have to manually copy the world file from your iPad onto the Pi though... (Try the same way you'd add texture packs to MCPE, but backwards and with worlds instead (google it))
You can do it the other way easily though - just use MCPE's copy world facility while connected to your Pi's local server.
I'm pretty sure the aim is for Pi-Edition to keep it at around the same level of development as MCPE for the moment,so look out for a 'download world' feature on future updates!

4thdwarflord

Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:22 pm

yes, if you take the world files, and place it in the folder called .minecraft (its hidden) it should work.

skyrunner65

Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:08 pm

I'm not sure about worlds,but i have tried to play a LAN party with a iPod touch.
Long story short,Incompatible!
Please don't try it,since it might break.
This is my advice. :mrgreen:
~Skyrunner65

mrpi64

Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:23 am

no need to port. download google iexplorer for your computer, find the worlds, and copy and paste them to the worlds directory on the pi using memory stick or similar (/home/pi/.minecraft/games/com.mojang/minecraftWorlds)

happy porting! :D

PS: dont get what i mean? google it.
I'm happy to help.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=51794 - List of games that work on the Pi.

skyrunner65

Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:20 am

Well,you have to think about this:Pi edition is practically 0.50 of pocket edition,so it is best to probably wait until they make Pi edition and pocket edition compatible[though it is very possible,since both mobile devices and the Pi have ARM architectures].
Too much for a sentence,probably? :lol:
~Skyrunner65

Return to “Gaming”