jodel

omxplayer 720p adjust display position

Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:03 pm

Hi,
I have Omxplayer playing an mp4 file to a Samsung tv. It has a native CEA mode HDMI 4 (1028X720). I have set this in the /boot/config.txt .
However about 30 pixels of the mp4 are off screen on the left hand side of the TV i.e. they are cropped off. Changes to the framebuffer size or overscan only affect the position of the boot up console or the LXDE desktop.
Omxplayer always displays in the same position regardless of any changes to framebuffer or overscan.
Any of the command line switches ( -r for example) do not fix the issue.

Any suggestions as to how I can move the display away from the left hand edge to display the missing pixels?
Can Omxplayer be forced to take account of the overscan settings?
I have tried a different TV and the issue is the same. The TVs are set to 16 x 9 format.
Thanks, Jodel

stick

Re: omxplayer 720p adjust display position

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:48 pm

Omxplayer was only really developed as a testbed for the XBMC Raspberry PI implementation. If you are interested in using the pi as a media center, I would suggest running XBMC via OpenElec.

dom
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:16 am

jodel wrote:Hi,
I have Omxplayer playing an mp4 file to a Samsung tv. It has a native CEA mode HDMI 4 (1028X720). I have set this in the /boot/config.txt .
However about 30 pixels of the mp4 are off screen on the left hand side of the TV i.e. they are cropped off. Changes to the framebuffer size or overscan only affect the position of the boot up console or the LXDE desktop.
Omxplayer always displays in the same position regardless of any changes to framebuffer or overscan.
Any of the command line switches ( -r for example) do not fix the issue.

Any suggestions as to how I can move the display away from the left hand edge to display the missing pixels?
Can Omxplayer be forced to take account of the overscan settings?
I have tried a different TV and the issue is the same. The TVs are set to 16 x 9 format.
Thanks, Jodel
Try adding:
overscan_scale=1
to config.txt and your overscan settings should apply to non-framebuffer layers.

jodel

Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:35 pm

Thanks. Just what I was looking for.
Now the both the desktop and omxplayer are the same size on the TV and can be moved around with overscan settings.
Thanks
Jodel

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”