Raspbian is technically Debian , but not in
a "legal" sense ... as it is maintained by the Raspbian
project . The Debian and Rasbian projects are different entities ,
but Raspbian is using the same codebase as Debian.
Most instructions and help you find on Debian
on the web will apply to Raspbian though.
1) The card you bought is most probably outdated and
should be reimaged with Raspbian from the downloads page.
(Vast improvements in all areas.)
2) The User Guide is a little bit outdated (it was written before
Raspbian was ready for public consumption) - but still
a very good resource and a good choice for beginners.
3) Forget Flash , if you need youtube , try whitey or raspytube
4) The issue with your USB drive may persist after writing the
new image - you can use this as remedy (in a LXTerminal) :
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install eject
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org