alanc98

mini uart transmit interrupt? ( RTEMS OS port )

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:42 pm

I'm working on a mini uart console driver for the RTEMS real time OS. I have a polled driver working, and I have the the ARM timer interrupt working feeding the OS it's clock tick.

Now I am trying to get an interrupt driven mini uart driver working, and I am having trouble getting it to generate a tx interrupt.

I can see that it's getting rx interrupts, and I have looked at most of the code and examples available, but most of the examples show polled operation or just rx interrupts.

Does anyone have an example of enabling the transmit interrupt and handling it?

As soon as I get the serial driver working, do some cleanup and run some additional tests, I plan on releasing the RTEMS port.

Thanks!
Alan

alanc98

Re: mini uart transmit interrupt? ( RTEMS OS port )

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:15 am

Updating my post:
I did find an example of an interrupt driven mini uart driver in the ChibiOS port.

It turns out that I could not get any uart input to work, polled or not on the mini uart with my setup. I don't know if it's my Pi, or the USB serial adapter I have.

The serial console on Linux works great with my Pi and serial adapter, so I switched over to the full uart as my console.

Right now I have polled uart driver working with both input and output. Thanks to dwelch67 for the uart examples.

RTEMS should be cool for bare metal Pi development. It has posix threads and other posix apis, newlib C and math libraries, a shell, file systems, RAM disk, a network stack, and soon a dynamic loader.

I'll post more as soon as I get it ready for release.

Alan

ramzi

Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:10 am

Hi I am trying to write a baremetal mini uart driver that is interrupt based as well. I am able to receive the Tx interrupt however I do not know how I can get it to de-assert once I am done writing my data and have no more data to send. Do you know if there is a way to de-assert this interrupt ? I am thinking there should be some bit on the mini-uart to do this.

maldus

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:13 am

Do you know if there is a way to de-assert this interrupt ?
Did anyone ever find how to do it? The only way seems to disable it entirely...

Return to “Bare metal, Assembly language”