feverish

Installing wiringpi

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:38 pm

I'm trying to download and install wiringpi, so according to the website instrucions, from Raspi's LXTerminal, I entered:
git clone git://git.drogon.net/wiringpi
the terminal replied:
Cloning into 'wiringpi' . . .
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

So, of course, I repeated the same things a few times, always with identical results. Which leaves me up some creek without a paddle as I haven't a clue what to do next, though I feel sure someone here does . . . Help?? Please??
If discrimination is not challenged then we are effectively in collusion with the perpetrators of such behaviour:-Oxford dictionaries

dgately

Re: Installing wiringpi

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:47 am

Try:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get -y install python-pip
sudo pip install wiringpi
dgately

feverish

Re: Installing wiringpi

Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:22 pm

Thank you, though I needed to install it as is, not with a python wrapper (if that is what pip is). I think I'm more or less back on track, having abandoned the git route in favour of older methods outline in Gordon's writeup, and am hopefully in sight of being able to use it driven from Lazarus. The next couple of days should tell me, and if my Lazarus-based application works with wiringpi, I'll post a note on the projects forum.
If discrimination is not challenged then we are effectively in collusion with the perpetrators of such behaviour:-Oxford dictionaries

Return to “Advanced users”