ehamilt3

Using the Raspberry Pi in Korea

Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:15 am

I'm interested in bringing the Raspberry Pi to a classroom in Korea, although the challenges are numerous. I don't have adequate programming knowledge to teach a course here, and I don't speak Korean well enough either. I only have the knowledge that the Pi is an extremely useful tool and motivation to see instructors teaching kids how to use them.

Do you think it's feasible to use the Pi in middle and high school classrooms in Korea? I'm working with an orphanage that houses bright middle, high school, and university students at the moment, and they've expressed interest in the project, but I'd love some input about how to proceed, and if there are obstacles too numerous for this to realistically be successful.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: Using the Raspberry Pi in Korea

Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:18 am

Language barrier is the main problem, although lots of (I assume South?) Koreans speak English (I'm in S. Korea right now!). As long as you can get past the language issue, we are just starting to produce teaching material, and as long as the students are interested, I see no reason why it cannot work!
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

Return to “Teaching and learning resources”