hdstonemeister

Raspbian desktop cleanup

Sun May 24, 2020 4:11 am

How do you remove, without disabling, the icons on the desktop? The icons I am referring to are the ones that look like an SD card and say things like: boot, boot_gen, system, storage, etc. I know I saw a video on YouTube the other day and it said something about it, but I can't find that video again and I don't remember what it was called as I was looking for something else and I noticed it happened to show it, but didn't know I would need it. As I said, now I can't find it again and I've Googled so many things in the last couple of day about my RasPi4 everything is a jumble. If someone has a link to a video explaining how to do this, or wouldn't mind explaining, (step by step instructions, please!), that would be great!

Thank you, in advance for any and all help.

kerry_s

Re: Raspbian desktop cleanup

Sun May 24, 2020 4:42 am

your talking about mounted devices?
those settings are in the file manager.

klricks

Re: Raspbian desktop cleanup

Sun May 24, 2020 4:54 am

hdstonemeister wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 4:11 am
How do you remove, without disabling, the icons on the desktop? The icons I am referring to are the ones that look like an SD card and say things like: boot, boot_gen, system, storage, etc. I know I saw a video on YouTube the other day and it said something about it, but I can't find that video again and I don't remember what it was called as I was looking for something else and I noticed it happened to show it, but didn't know I would need it. As I said, now I can't find it again and I've Googled so many things in the last couple of day about my RasPi4 everything is a jumble. If someone has a link to a video explaining how to do this, or wouldn't mind explaining, (step by step instructions, please!), that would be great!

Thank you, in advance for any and all help.
Don't know for sure what you mean?
If you are referring the icons of mounted disks such a USB thumb drives in a USB port then you can disable the desktop icon(s):
Right click on the screen and choose [Desktop Preferences].
Remove the tick from [Mounted Disks]
The disk(s) will still be accessible in Filemanager.
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated RPiOS Buster w/ Desktop OS.

Return to “Beginners”