Garvan

BlueDot with Raspberry Pi4

Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:33 am

Hi,

Have others succeed in getting BlueDot https://bluedot.readthedocs.io/en/lates ... arted.html working with Raspberry Pi 4?

This is my experience so far:

Using a Huawei phone, I installed the application, I could not get the phone to pair using the GUI, because it reported my phone had no usable services, but the command line instructions worked, and the phone is now paired with the RPi4. when I start the Android application, it lists the Raspberry Pi, and when I select it from the list of devices, it reports unable to connect.

Is it worth continuing to try? Are there better alternatives to BlueDot? I would like to send commands to a toy robot, and am looking for something that is reliable for testing purposes.

Forris
Raspberry Pi Certified Educator
Raspberry Pi Certified Educator

Re: BlueDot with Raspberry Pi4

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:25 pm

From the BlueDot documentation, under 'Pair a Raspberry Pi and Android phone:

'You may receive errors relating to services not being available or being unable to connect: these can be ignored.'

Garvan

Re: BlueDot with Raspberry Pi4

Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:32 am

Forris wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:25 pm
From the BlueDot documentation, under 'Pair a Raspberry Pi and Android phone:

'You may receive errors relating to services not being available or being unable to connect: these can be ignored.'
I would happily ignore the error messages if it worked. I will remove it and start over. One more try.

Return to “Beginners”