geppenzord

Home assistant

Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:36 pm

Hi guys! I don't know if this is the right section to wright here, but I didn't find the proper place...
I let you know my idea of a project and the material that I have, and with your help, hopefully, I can fix my problem.
I have a Raspberry 3 B+ and an old small stereo with 2 speakers, my idea is to transform this 2 items in a google home assistant to use, I know that there is a process for the software to follow, my problem is the hardware, how I can hardwire the 2 speakers to the PI? what the best way to connect a microphone to receive the vocal commands? I have in mind to connect in a future an RF receiver/transmitter to remotely use RF switches/plugs to transform them in "smart" switches and plugs, there is an approach that I have to follow? like coding apps etc?
Thank you for your time in advance! :)

topguy

Re: Home assistant

Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:18 pm

Are you going to use the "stereo" part or just the speakers ? Because you are going to need an amplifier for the speakers regardless, you can not connect the speakers directly. The normal thing to do is to use the jack output for sound. you can configure the Pi ( with "raspi-config" ) to use the Jack for sound even if HDMI is connected.

geppenzord

Re: Home assistant

Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:03 am

I read around that the sound out of the jack is not great tho... So I was thinking to get one of those amplifier shields for raspberry and hook them up... My problem is I don't know how in the end solder the receiver and transmitter for the RF (I want to control through therapy RF radio remote socket through the assistant...) For the Microphone I'm going to hook it up through usb port

Return to “Media centres”