DuteNait

RasPi 4 failed to connect to wifi

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:26 pm

Hello fellow Raspberry Pi User.

I have a Problem connecting to my WiFi.
Yesterday I got the RaspPi 4 4gb, installed Raspbian buster and sshed over my WiFi Into it. Played a little while and somehow Broker the WiFi while installing a Hotspot and had to Start new because I only used It headless.
But the Clean Raspbian wouldn't Connect to the WiFi. The WPA config was correct.
So I got a hdmi Adapter and Keyboard. I tried logging in to my WiFi but the Connection failed.
I made Sure it's the right password. I Made a Hotspot Wirth my Smartphone and could Connect without a Problem. Right now i have No Idea why it won't Connect to my home wlan.
My Google search didn't Show anything similar. May be i looked at the wrong place. I didn't Change anything at my WLAN Router and the Logs of the Router show nothing.
The First time round I had no Problem with a headless install. The Raspberry ist still Clean, No Updates or any Major Changes.

Have a nice Weekend and hopefully you can Help me.

FTrevorGowen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: RasPi 4 failed to connect to wifi

Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:49 pm

Did you set the WiFi country code?
Trev.
Still running Raspbian Jessie or Stretch on some older Pi's (an A, B1, B2, B+, P2B, 3xP0, P0W, 2xP3A+, P3B+, P3B, B+, A+ and a B2) but Buster on the P4B's. See: https://www.cpmspectrepi.uk/raspberry_pi/raspiidx.htm

DuteNait

Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:38 pm

Yes I did, in the wpa config and raspi config.

epoch1970

Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:08 pm

It can’t do both AP and client at the same time. Uninstall hostapd?
"S'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y a pas de problème." Les Shadoks, J. Rouxel

DuteNait

Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:11 pm

There is no hostapd installed. It is a complete new OS setup. The Hotspot was installed previously but because I couldn't use SSH or VNC I formated the sd and started blank.

DuteNait

Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:18 pm

So. I connected it via ethernet. Installed and updated everything I wanted and lo and behold it connected via wifi. I can SSH and VNC with no Problem. If anyone knows or had the same issue I'm still cluesless what happend.

jls006

Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:36 pm

Bonjour DuteNait
pour ton information
je viens d'acquérir le même modèle que toi (rapberry PI4) et je ne peux pas me connecter à mon réseau wifi
je suis donc également intéressé par la solution
cordialement

Return to “Troubleshooting”