Dazzathedrummer

Stream Pi audio to Apple TV (airplay)

Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:38 pm

Hi,

My home hifi equipment is centered around Apple TV. I've got Plex running on a Pi3 and I use the Apple TV Plex app to stream my personal music collection.

I have quite a few vinyl albums and my turntable is situated across the room from my amplifier - so I have to either move the turntable or plug in long cables to play vinyl.

I'm wondering if its possible to stream the audio from the turntable (turntable into a pre-amp, so the signal is line level) to the apple TV via a Pi?

Is there an Apple TV app that will pick up the audio or can I airplay the Pi to the ATV?

Thanks,
Darren

fruitoftheloom

Re: Stream Pi audio to Apple TV (airplay)

Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:13 pm

Dazzathedrummer wrote:
Hi,

My home hifi equipment is centered around Apple TV. I've got Plex running on a Pi3 and I use the Apple TV Plex app to stream my personal music collection.

I have quite a few vinyl albums and my turntable is situated across the room from my amplifier - so I have to either move the turntable or plug in long cables to play vinyl.

I'm wondering if its possible to stream the audio from the turntable (turntable into a pre-amp, so the signal is line level) to the apple TV via a Pi?

Is there an Apple TV app that will pick up the audio or can I airplay the Pi to the ATV?

Thanks,
Darren

The Raspberry Pi SBC does not have any Audio Inputs !!
Retired disgracefully.....
This at present is my daily "computer" https://www.asus.com/us/Chrome-Devices/Chromebit-CS10/

Dazzathedrummer

Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:33 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:13 pm

The Raspberry Pi SBC does not have any Audio Inputs !!
Yes, sorry, I mean...assuming I give it an audio input with a hifiberry for example.

epoch1970

Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:22 pm

Suddenly I’m not so clear with what shairplay-sync is, but I think it only works as a sink (in sync)
What you want is a source, this looks to be one, maybe there are other options?
"S'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y a pas de problème." Les Shadoks, J. Rouxel

Man in a van

Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:20 am

Dazzathedrummer wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Darren
This might give you a few ideas (read through all the thread).

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthre ... -receivers

The link referenced by epoch1970 is, I think, a LMS Plugin by philippe_44.

ronnie

Dazzathedrummer

Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:40 am

I've just read that Icecast can do it - I'm going to check that route out.

Return to “Media centres”