OmegaTron75

Pi 4 Case Question

Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:22 pm

I was wondering and hoping if anyone knew of a case maker, for the Pi 4, who has options for a case with no SD card slot access?

I've tried doing some key word searches and I'm not having much luck so I apologize for throwing it out here. Though, if this has been discussed several times before and will happily accept links to a different thread to hopefully lead me to a group who has a case like this.

Thanks

Moonmarch

Re: Pi 4 Case Question

Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:13 pm

A RPI computer case that does not contain any SD card slot opening that is what I describe as being a real design challenge even the larger cases had SD card slot openings Geekworm or Retroflag, I did find a case that does include the SD card slot opening there is a cover on SD card slot which means the SD card is not exposed this case is designed for the RPI3B+:

RETROFLAG Classic USB Controller-M Support XINPUT, DINPUT Mode and Turbo Function Compatible with Raspberry Pi, Windows, Switch
https://www.amazon.com/Retroflag-MEGAPi ... VMXNKZEP83

PhatFil

Re: Pi 4 Case Question

Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:42 pm

the case or enclosure of all my diy projects is generally the hardest aspect to get right.

3dprinting has opened up both access to the design tools and designers via sites like thingiverse. and you can get jobs printed to order.

it took me 5-10 minutes of watching a child orientated utube on tinkercad with a dad questioning his 2 very young kids as they designed boxes to get me confident enough to have a go.. and shortly therefater i had caught up with the kids and was learning more..

Utuber Ben Heck has videos on diy project case/enclosure fabrication without a 3d printer iirc..

Return to “General discussion”