Charizze

Creating a VM for Raspbian/Raspberry Pi in GCP

Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:20 pm

Hi, I'm very new to Raspberry Pi and I don't have a physical one, I would like to create a Virtual Machine using a Boot Disk (NOOBs?) on GCP so that I can complete lab exercises that use a Pi. If anyone knows how I can use Raspberry Pi on GCP that would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance!

fruitoftheloom

Re: Creating a VM for Raspbian/Raspberry Pi in GCP

Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:21 am

Charizze wrote:
Hi, I'm very new to Raspberry Pi and I don't have a physical one, I would like to create a Virtual Machine using a Boot Disk (NOOBs?) on GCP so that I can complete lab exercises that use a Pi. If anyone knows how I can use Raspberry Pi on GCP that would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance!

Can Google Cloud Platform Virtual Machine emulate the Raspberry Pi Hardware ????

https://cloud.google.com/compute/
Retired disgracefully.....
This at present is my daily "computer" https://www.asus.com/us/Chrome-Devices/Chromebit-CS10/

B.Goode

Re: Creating a VM for Raspbian/Raspberry Pi in GCP

Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:39 am

Charizze wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Perhaps you would like to share these lab exercises so that more experienced volunteer helpers can comment on whether it is possible or useful to tackle them in a virtual environment?

Any exercise that is dependent on the physical interfaces of the Raspberry Pi hardware cannot be replicated fully by emulation, simulation or virtualization.

Is the organisation that set the exercises not able to provide you with the hardware needed to complete them, if only on loan?

Good luck with your studies.

Return to “Debian”