three_views

Multiple Monitors running separate images - Retropie

Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:51 pm

Hi all,

I have this quirky idea that I'm not sure will work so I am reaching out to all of you vigilantes for some feedback. I want to do the following:

- Connect a 40Pin RGB TFT LCD to the HDMI Port (for a lighted marquee...either static or scrolling...either one animated image for the unit or [better yet] a new banner for each game selected) - In other words...running totally separate from RetroPie displaying on the TFT LCD connected to the GPIO output
- Connect a TFT LCD to the GPIO Output (for the gaming image) - again...running simultaneously but totally separate from the banner displaying on the TFT LCD connected to the GPIO output
- Connect an Arcade USB controller (for the buttons/joystick)

Is it possible to accomplish this with a single Pi (specfically the Pi A+)? If so, which one would be the best for this crazy application.
-OR-
Is this idea only possible with the use of two Pi's...one running each screen with its own programming?

Thanks in advance to any and all responses!

Cheers!
Brent

aBUGSworstnightmare

Re: Multiple Monitors running separate images - Retropie

Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:31 am

What is a 40-pin RGB TFT connected to HDMI port? There is no standard for interfaces in regards of no of pins, hence you will have to have a suitable A/D-board for your Marquee display (which has HDMI input from the host).

You can run two displays from a single Pi, but you will have to write a script which directs your output to the required display.
Might be simpler to use a PiZero for the Marquee display.

Return to “Gaming”