NoHurry

NESPI Case with the Raspberry Pi 4b

Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:32 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm new here to the forums, and I hope that this is the right place to post it.

Some people have been wondering whenever the Raspberry Pi 4 will work with the NESPI Case (+).
Since I already had the case, I took the time to try it out. Here is the result and images!

First of all, it's good to know that the board is powered by the GPIO pins using the connector from the case (so not over USB-C!). I'm using a fan in the case and the case's USB and Ethernet ports. And yes, this is the plus model (evident due to the extra wires in the connector).

As you can see here, I had to cut a small portion of the case in order to access the micro-HDMI ports of the board. I sadly don't have dimensions for you at hand, but if there is enough interest I could measure it.

After the micro-HDMI cuts in the case were made, the pi didn't want to boot up with the official raspberry pi 5V 2.4A adaptor. The Apple iPod's adaptor with a tiny micro-USB to USB cable that I had at hand worked, but have regular undervoltage.

I'll soon order a 5V 3A adaptor and will see if that will migrate the issue. I would love to get recommendations for a good adaptor which I could order from amazon.de (shipping to the Netherlands), as I honestly lack the knowledge to pick a good one.

That's it for now! I hope that this post was insightful, and don't hesitate to reply here for questions. My response time will be slow, so forgive me for late reactions.

Return to “General discussion”