TimoMF

Raspberry Pi 4 as floor display in elevator with LibreOffice Impress stops

Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:39 am

Hello dear Raspberry Pi community,

we already have a Raspberry Pi 3 as floors display in an elevator run. There is the Raspbian Jessie Lite on it. It is realized with a 2 page Impress presentation in a continuous loop.

Now more elevators are to follow with the Raspberry Pi 4b. Unfortunately, Impress stops there after some time.

I attach the sample file from Impress for testing for you. Also other veins and scripts, which have nothing to do with the problem but show you what I have in mind.
The error already occurs when the system is freshly set up and no changes have been made to install only LibreOffice after.
Screenshoot.png
Screenshoot.png (71.45 KiB) Viewed 107 times
The two terminals have been to the temperastur control.

I tested this so far on the 'Raspbian Buster with desktop' 2019-07-10 with LibreOffice 6.1.5.
Also with the 'Raspbian Buster Lite' with GUI installed and LibreOffice 6.1.5 the error occurs.
On the Lite I also tried an upgrade to the bullseye. LibreOffice 6.3.0 RC2 is already on it. there, too, is the same error.

Is my Raspberry Pi 4b with 4GB defective or is it due to Raspbian or the firmware?

If it's a heat problem I've already clocked the Pi down to 1000Mhz. Which also brought no improvement.

Greeting Meyer-Franke
Attachments
Display-Daten.rar
Example Files
(38.75 KiB) Downloaded 1 time

TimoMF

Re: Raspberry Pi 4 as floor display in elevator with LibreOffice Impress stops

Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:02 am

In the meantime I set up ArchLinux with LXDE.
In yesterday's version of ArchLinux, as Stabiele LibreOffice scon has been the 6.2.6.
Unfortunately, there is also the problem that the Impress presentation remains standing. But everything else is still running.

Can you please test if your Raspberry Pi 4 runs through the presentation over a longer period of time.
In the first post there is a RAR where the sample file is in the folder Impress.

In the elevators, it is supposed to run daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.

Greeting Timo

Return to “Troubleshooting”