Hello, everyone. We are a group of raspberry PI fans from China. We are making a handheld game console based on Raspberry PI Computer Module 3.
Our project is called Retro Carnival, the specs are as followed:
- Maybe the smallest Raspberry Pi CM3 handheld, the unit size is 149mm * 60mm * 17.5mm
- 3.2 inch 480*320 IPS display with 60Hz refresh rate
- 2920mAh battery, 3-4 hour battery life
- Full keypad support: D-pad, ABXY, select, start, L1, L2, R1, R2
- 2 analog stick (which used by PlayStation Vita and GPD Win) with 0 to 1024 range values
- Independent sound card with no background noise
- HDMI output and full functional USB port.
- Independent power management, can be played while charging
In order to make it more suitable for handheld gaming, we also made some customization on the software
- OSD with WIFI, Charging, Volume, Brightness status
- GUI for WIFI management (Now you can connect WIFI without a keyboard)
- Global volume, brightness, exit hotkeys, works even in SDL emulator
Here are some actual photos of Retro Carnival: