The day will include two practical workshops:
- Exploring the secrets of webpages
- Design, code, and create your own game on a single strip of lights
Who should attend?
This event is for Year 11–13 students who:
- Are interested in computer science and wondering what to do in sixth form/at university
- Have done (at least a little) programming and want to learn more
Please register to attend the event at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/discover ... 6648412195
All attendees must register individually; any attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
9.30am – registration opens
9.45am – event starts. Morning session:
- Introduction to the day
- Keynote talks and demos
- First practical activity
1.00pm – afternoon session:
- Second practical activity
- Working in computing: meet a mix of professionals
The event will be held at the Faraday Complex, University of Lancaster. It is free to attend; we cannot reimburse transport costs.
Parking on the campus guest car parks costs £5 per day. The campus also has drop-off bays and is on local bus routes.
Travel and parking information: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/about-us/maps-and-travel/
Attendees are advised to bring their own lunch.
This is the first in a new series of events hosted at the University of Lancaster with Isaac Computer Science. Look out for more events opening for registration soon.