WilsonsSFC
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:20 pm

UV4L on raspbian buster

Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:45 pm

Hi, I'm trying to install UV4L on my pi using this tutorial https://www.linux-projects.org/uv4l/installation/ but it doesnt have instructions for raspbian buster, which is the OS my pi has. Is it possible to get UV4L on raspbian buster?

leosoft
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:39 pm

Re: UV4L on raspbian buster

Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:43 pm

Hello,

I have the same problem. Seems no Buster support at the moment. Let's hope we will have a new release soon.......

Thanks

sterlingbutters
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:19 pm

Re: UV4L on raspbian buster

Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:43 pm

Waiting on this as well

whenagain
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:45 pm

Re: UV4L on raspbian buster

Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:47 pm

I just landed here with the same problem. I'm getting hung up on the SSL portion. Buster changes the config for OpenSSL :(

madhopsman
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:06 pm

Re: UV4L on raspbian buster

Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:11 pm

Yep, I've been waiting on this too. The software setup I am using absolutely requires this and NOTHING yet. :x This $120 Pi4 has just sitting here gathering dust since July. Truly sad this hasn't been updated yet. I tried all kinds of workarounds, like replacing OpenSSL libraries and what not but all I get is this:

Code: Select all

<notice> [core] Trying to load the the Streaming Server plug-in...
<notice> [server] HTTP/HTTPS Streaming & WebRTC Signalling Server v1.1.125 built on Mar  9 2019
Auto configuration failed
3069780724:error:25066067:DSO support routines:DLFCN_LOAD:could not load the shared library:dso_dlfcn.c:185:filename(libssl_conf.so): libssl_conf.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
3069780724:error:25070067:DSO support routines:DSO_load:could not load the shared library:dso_lib.c:244:
3069780724:error:0E07506E:configuration file routines:MODULE_LOAD_DSO:error loading dso:conf_mod.c:285:module=ssl_conf, path=ssl_conf
3069780724:error:0E076071:configuration file routines:MODULE_RUN:unknown module name:conf_mod.c:222:module=ssl_conf
If anyone has any workarounds, I would love to know so I can get my currently useless Pi4 in to production.

madhopsman
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:06 pm

Re: UV4L on raspbian buster

Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:40 pm

HA! And just like that I found a workaround. Funny how a few months away from something you spent hours trying to fix can make a big difference.

In order to make this work, grab a copy of the openssl.cnf from stretch and put it somewhere (i just threw mine in to /etc/uv4l).

Edit the /etc/systemd/system/uv4l_raspicam.service file and add the following environment line above the ExecStart (replacing the location shown with the one you chose for the file) with

Code: Select all

Environment="OPENSSL_CONF=/etc/uv4l/openssl.cnf"
The entire service file should look like this:

Code: Select all

[Unit]
Description=UV4L Raspicam

[Service]
Type=simple
Environment="OPENSSL_CONF=/etc/uv4l/openssl.cnf"
ExecStart=/usr/bin/uv4l -f -k --sched-fifo --mem-lock --config-file=/etc/uv4l/uv4l-raspicam.conf --driver raspicam --driver-config-file=/etc/uv4l/uv4l-raspicam.conf --server-option=--editable-config-file=/etc/uv4l/uv4l-raspicam.conf
Restart=on-abnormal
LimitNOFILE=65536

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
Reload systemd (sudo systemctl daemon-reload) then start the service (sudo service uv4l_raspicam start).

PROFIT! :D

stargate0609
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:26 am

Re: UV4L on raspbian buster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:02 pm

Wow. The method above worked for my Rpi4 too.

I compared openssl.conf file from both Stretch and Buster OS, and found there are few differences (which effect I don't know...)

User avatar
HermannSW
Posts: 3147
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:09 pm
Location: Eberbach, Germany
Contact: Website Twitter YouTube

Re: UV4L on raspbian buster

Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:02 pm

madhopsman wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:40 pm
...
Reload systemd (sudo systemctl daemon-reload) then start the service (sudo service uv4l_raspicam start).

PROFIT! :D
That method sadly did not work for me, but got me started.

With Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS laptop updated to latest, Firefox as well as Chromium say that there is no cipher in common between client and server.

I uncommented this line in "/etc/uv4l/uv4l-raspicam.conf" and restarted uv4l:

Code: Select all

server-option = --use-ssl=no
Now uv4l works, but over http and not https.
That should bridge the time until uv4l project will have fixed the issue, or at least document what to do (they do not even mention Buster as of now):
https://www.linux-projects.org/uv4l/installation/


I did create program "millis.c" running on my Ubuntu laptop. It outputs seconds modulo 100, and milliseconds, in a fast way. There are 168 updates per seconds, much more than display refresh:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 2#p1571432


I used it to measure the delay of uv4l.
Today I had HDMI monitor connected to Pi4B and when starting uv4l mjpeg stream, a small camera (preview?) window appeared on HDMI monitor, and the camera view got displayed in browser:
Image


Real time in terminal of Ubuntu laptop is 71.801s.
Time on HDMI monitor is 71.541s.
Time in browser uv4l view is 71.125s.
I did capture 640x480@5fps, configured in uv4l control panel.
Pi4B as well as Ubuntu laptop are connected wireless to home network.

So the delay for HDMI is 260ms(!), the delay for browser is 676ms.
https://stamm-wilbrandt.de/en/Raspberry_camera.html
https://stamm-wilbrandt.de/en#raspcatbot
https://github.com/Hermann-SW/raspiraw
https://github.com/Hermann-SW/Raspberry_v1_camera_global_external_shutter
https://stamm-wilbrandt.de/working_with_FPGAs

ijardillier
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:03 pm

Re: UV4L on raspbian buster

Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:38 pm

Hi everybody,

I have the same problem but I don't have any stretch image to get openssl.conf file. Is it possible for you to publish it here ?

Thanks in advance.
Ingrid

cudmore
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:14 am

Re: UV4L on raspbian buster

Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:10 pm

I was able to get uv4l working on a Raspberry Pi 4 using Buster.

Please see my blog post here: http://blog.cudmore.io/post/2019/12/14/ ... an-buster/

Please note in regards to the posts here, I do not and never have had any `.conf` file for uv4l like posted above in `/etc/uv4l/uv4l-raspicam.conf`?

Here is my recipe

(1)

Add the uv4l key to your apt-key package manager.

```
curl http://www.linux-projects.org/listing/u ... /lpkey.asc | sudo apt-key add -
```

**Note:** I am not sure what the difference is between `lpkey.asc` and `lrkey.asc`? My installations on Stretch were using the wrong key! I was using `lrkey.asc` while I should have been using the `p` variant `lpkey.asc`. Not sure why this worked on Stretch but it did. For Buster, you **must** use `lpkey.asc`.

(2) Add the following line to `/etc/apt/sources.list` using `sudo pico /etc/apt/sources.list`

```
deb http://www.linux-projects.org/listing/u ... an/stretch stretch main
```

(3) Update apt-get and install with apt-get using

```
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install uv4l uv4l-server uv4l-raspicam
```

**Important:** I was previously using `sudo apt-get -qq --allow-unauthenticated install uv4l uv4l-server uv4l-raspicam` and with Buster, the use of `--allow-unauthenticated` seems to break the install?

(4) Run the uv4l server with

```
uv4l --driver raspicam --auto-video_nr --encoding h264 --width 1280 --height 720 --enable-server on
```

And then view the stream in a browser with (please note your IP address might be different)

```
http://192.168.1.9:8080/stream
```

### Troubleshooting

Sometimes you get multiple `/dev/video0`, `/dev/video1`, `/dev/video10` excetera devices. Feel free to remove them with `sudo rm /dev/video*` and then maybe restart with `sudo reboot`.

### Details:

`sudo apt-get update` returns

```
Hit:1 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian buster InRelease
Hit:2 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian buster InRelease
Hit:3 http://www.linux-projects.org/listing/u ... an/stretch stretch InRelease
Reading package lists... Done
```

`sudo apt-get install uv4l uv4l-server uv4l-raspicam` returns

```
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
uv4l is already the newest version (1.9.17).
uv4l-raspicam is already the newest version (1.9.63).
The following additional packages will be installed:
libssl1.0.2
The following NEW packages will be installed:
libssl1.0.2 uv4l-server
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 2,582 kB of archives.
After this operation, 8,237 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
Get:1 http://www.linux-projects.org/listing/u ... an/stretch stretch/main armhf uv4l-server armhf 1.1.125 [1,689 kB]
Get:2 http://mirrors.ocf.berkeley.edu/raspbian/raspbian buster/main armhf libssl1.0.2 armhf 1.0.2q-2 [893 kB]
Fetched 2,582 kB in 5s (511 kB/s)
Preconfiguring packages ...
Selecting previously unselected package libssl1.0.2:armhf.
(Reading database ... 45170 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../libssl1.0.2_1.0.2q-2_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking libssl1.0.2:armhf (1.0.2q-2) ...
Selecting previously unselected package uv4l-server.
Preparing to unpack .../uv4l-server_1.1.125_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking uv4l-server (1.1.125) ...
Setting up libssl1.0.2:armhf (1.0.2q-2) ...
Setting up uv4l-server (1.1.125) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.28-10+rpi1) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.8.5-2) ...
```


This is the contents of `/etc/apt/source.list`

```
deb http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/ buster main contrib non-free rpi
# Uncomment line below then 'apt-get update' to enable 'apt-get source'
#deb-src http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/ buster main contrib non-free rpi
deb http://www.linux-projects.org/listing/u ... an/stretch stretch main
```

madhopsman
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:06 pm

Re: UV4L on raspbian buster

Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:21 pm

Here's a copy of the working openssl.conf:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AljJaoy9oYgylRctz-x ... N?e=sIwuvb ;)

Edit: New link as old one died.
Last edited by madhopsman on Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ijardillier
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:03 pm

Re: UV4L on raspbian buster

Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:07 pm

Thanks @madhopsman !

mrNeutrino
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:08 am

Re: UV4L on raspbian buster

Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:10 am

THANKS cudmore! This works perfectly!

cudmore wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:10 pm
I was able to get uv4l working on a Raspberry Pi 4 using Buster.

Please see my blog post here: http://blog.cudmore.io/post/2019/12/14/ ... an-buster/

Please note in regards to the posts here, I do not and never have had any `.conf` file for uv4l like posted above in `/etc/uv4l/uv4l-raspicam.conf`?

Here is my recipe

(1)

Add the uv4l key to your apt-key package manager.

```
curl http://www.linux-projects.org/listing/u ... /lpkey.asc | sudo apt-key add -
```

**Note:** I am not sure what the difference is between `lpkey.asc` and `lrkey.asc`? My installations on Stretch were using the wrong key! I was using `lrkey.asc` while I should have been using the `p` variant `lpkey.asc`. Not sure why this worked on Stretch but it did. For Buster, you **must** use `lpkey.asc`.

(2) Add the following line to `/etc/apt/sources.list` using `sudo pico /etc/apt/sources.list`

```
deb http://www.linux-projects.org/listing/u ... an/stretch stretch main
```

(3) Update apt-get and install with apt-get using

```
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install uv4l uv4l-server uv4l-raspicam
```

**Important:** I was previously using `sudo apt-get -qq --allow-unauthenticated install uv4l uv4l-server uv4l-raspicam` and with Buster, the use of `--allow-unauthenticated` seems to break the install?

(4) Run the uv4l server with

```
uv4l --driver raspicam --auto-video_nr --encoding h264 --width 1280 --height 720 --enable-server on
```

And then view the stream in a browser with (please note your IP address might be different)

```
http://192.168.1.9:8080/stream
```

### Troubleshooting

Sometimes you get multiple `/dev/video0`, `/dev/video1`, `/dev/video10` excetera devices. Feel free to remove them with `sudo rm /dev/video*` and then maybe restart with `sudo reboot`.

### Details:

`sudo apt-get update` returns

```
Hit:1 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian buster InRelease
Hit:2 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian buster InRelease
Hit:3 http://www.linux-projects.org/listing/u ... an/stretch stretch InRelease
Reading package lists... Done
```

`sudo apt-get install uv4l uv4l-server uv4l-raspicam` returns

```
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
uv4l is already the newest version (1.9.17).
uv4l-raspicam is already the newest version (1.9.63).
The following additional packages will be installed:
libssl1.0.2
The following NEW packages will be installed:
libssl1.0.2 uv4l-server
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 2,582 kB of archives.
After this operation, 8,237 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
Get:1 http://www.linux-projects.org/listing/u ... an/stretch stretch/main armhf uv4l-server armhf 1.1.125 [1,689 kB]
Get:2 http://mirrors.ocf.berkeley.edu/raspbian/raspbian buster/main armhf libssl1.0.2 armhf 1.0.2q-2 [893 kB]
Fetched 2,582 kB in 5s (511 kB/s)
Preconfiguring packages ...
Selecting previously unselected package libssl1.0.2:armhf.
(Reading database ... 45170 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../libssl1.0.2_1.0.2q-2_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking libssl1.0.2:armhf (1.0.2q-2) ...
Selecting previously unselected package uv4l-server.
Preparing to unpack .../uv4l-server_1.1.125_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking uv4l-server (1.1.125) ...
Setting up libssl1.0.2:armhf (1.0.2q-2) ...
Setting up uv4l-server (1.1.125) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.28-10+rpi1) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.8.5-2) ...
```


This is the contents of `/etc/apt/source.list`

```
deb http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/ buster main contrib non-free rpi
# Uncomment line below then 'apt-get update' to enable 'apt-get source'
#deb-src http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/ buster main contrib non-free rpi
deb http://www.linux-projects.org/listing/u ... an/stretch stretch main
```

mrNeutrino
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:08 am

Re: UV4L on raspbian buster

Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:27 am

in order to have /etc/uv4l/uv4l-raspicam.conf you have to run following cmd:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install uv4l-raspicam-extras
https://www.linux-projects.org/uv4l/installation/

Saeven
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:38 pm

Re: UV4L on raspbian buster

Mon May 04, 2020 3:23 am

Thanks for this - got uv4l up and running....almost. Am on an RPI4 and the /stream URL just shows a broken image.

contractorwolf
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:52 pm

Re: UV4L on raspbian buster

Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:39 pm

thx cudmore, solved it for me on my RPi4

Yllier123
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:29 pm

Re: UV4L on raspbian buster

Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:11 pm

I was able to install uv4l on Rpi4 but when I run this command

Code: Select all

uv4l --driver raspicam --auto-video_nr --width 640 --height 480 --encoding jpeg –tc358743-i2c-dev=/dev/i2c-0 -f --verbosity=8
I get a blank screen when accessing the server and this error gets thrown

Code: Select all

<notice> [driver] Running /usr/share/uv4l/raspicam/tc358743_init.sh...
sh: 1: /usr/share/uv4l/raspicam/tc358743_init.sh: not found
<notice> [driver] ...command returned normally, exit code 127
<error> [driver] Failed to read register 8521 from f failed, err ffffffff
<error> [driver] Failed to write register 8544 from f failed, err ffffffff
<error> [core] open() failed: failed to read register: Remote I/O error error: Remote I/O error
<warning> [server] Remote I/O error
Anyone else have this issue?

6by9
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 9850
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:27 am
Location: ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, aka just outside Cambridge.

Re: UV4L on raspbian buster

Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:10 pm

Yllier123 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:11 pm
I was able to install uv4l on Rpi4 but when I run this command

Code: Select all

uv4l --driver raspicam --auto-video_nr --width 640 --height 480 --encoding jpeg –tc358743-i2c-dev=/dev/i2c-0 -f --verbosity=8
I get a blank screen when accessing the server and this error gets thrown

Code: Select all

<notice> [driver] Running /usr/share/uv4l/raspicam/tc358743_init.sh...
sh: 1: /usr/share/uv4l/raspicam/tc358743_init.sh: not found
<notice> [driver] ...command returned normally, exit code 127
<error> [driver] Failed to read register 8521 from f failed, err ffffffff
<error> [driver] Failed to write register 8544 from f failed, err ffffffff
<error> [core] open() failed: failed to read register: Remote I/O error error: Remote I/O error
<warning> [server] Remote I/O error
Anyone else have this issue?
If you're using the latest kernel (5.4.x) then you need to be using "–tc358743-i2c-dev=/dev/i2c-10" as the camera i2c is now exposed cleanly.
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

andies
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:12 pm
Location: Berlin

Re: UV4L on raspbian buster

Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:55 pm

Unfortunately, all the hints given here do not work for me. I have installed the newest buster on a RPi3 and get only a blank screen from my RPi camera. And no error message at all, so I have no idea what I am making wrong. Are there any new suggestions?

My camera says

Code: Select all

uv4l --driver raspicam --auto-video_nr --width 640 --height 480 --encoding jpeg –tc358743-i2c-dev=/dev/i2c-0 -f --verbosity=8
<notice> [core] Trying to loading driver 'raspicam' from built-in drivers...
<notice> [core] Loading driver 'raspicam' from external plug-in's...
<notice> [driver] Dual Raspicam & TC358743 Video4Linux2 Driver v1.9.63 built Oct  6 2018
<notice> [driver] Detected camera imx219, 3280x2464
<notice> [driver] Selected format: 640x480, encoding: jpeg, JPEG Still Capture
<notice> [driver] Framerate max. 30 fps
<info> [driver] ROI: 0, 0, 1, 1
<notice> [core] Device detected!
<notice> [core] Trying to load the the Streaming Server plug-in...
<notice> [server] HTTP/HTTPS Streaming & WebRTC Signalling Server v1.1.125 built on Sep  5 2019
<warning> [server] SSL is not enabled for the Streaming Server. Using unsecure HTTP.
<notice> [core] Streaming Server loaded!
<warning> [core] Cannot create /dev/video0 because file already exists
<notice> [core] Registering device node /dev/video1
<notice> [server] Web Streaming Server listening on port 8080
<info> [driver] connecting preview component...
<info> [driver] Camera ready!
<info> [driver] Camera successfully initialized. Total memory available to the GPU: 128M
raspberry B, Noir camera, Mac Book Air, iPhone, Bezzera

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 24452
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: UV4L on raspbian buster

Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:34 pm

andies wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:55 pm
Unfortunately, all the hints given here do not work for me. I have installed the newest buster on a RPi3 and get only a blank screen from my RPi camera. And no error message at all, so I have no idea what I am making wrong. Are there any new suggestions?

My camera says

Code: Select all

uv4l --driver raspicam --auto-video_nr --width 640 --height 480 --encoding jpeg –tc358743-i2c-dev=/dev/i2c-0 -f --verbosity=8
<notice> [core] Trying to loading driver 'raspicam' from built-in drivers...
<notice> [core] Loading driver 'raspicam' from external plug-in's...
<notice> [driver] Dual Raspicam & TC358743 Video4Linux2 Driver v1.9.63 built Oct  6 2018
<notice> [driver] Detected camera imx219, 3280x2464
<notice> [driver] Selected format: 640x480, encoding: jpeg, JPEG Still Capture
<notice> [driver] Framerate max. 30 fps
<info> [driver] ROI: 0, 0, 1, 1
<notice> [core] Device detected!
<notice> [core] Trying to load the the Streaming Server plug-in...
<notice> [server] HTTP/HTTPS Streaming & WebRTC Signalling Server v1.1.125 built on Sep  5 2019
<warning> [server] SSL is not enabled for the Streaming Server. Using unsecure HTTP.
<notice> [core] Streaming Server loaded!
<warning> [core] Cannot create /dev/video0 because file already exists
<notice> [core] Registering device node /dev/video1
<notice> [server] Web Streaming Server listening on port 8080
<info> [driver] connecting preview component...
<info> [driver] Camera ready!
<info> [driver] Camera successfully initialized. Total memory available to the GPU: 128M

http://www.linux-projects.org/uv4l/installation/

Does not appear to be updated for Raspbian Buster :?
Thinking outside the box is better than burying your head in the sand...

andies
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:12 pm
Location: Berlin

Re: UV4L on raspbian buster

Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:56 pm

Yes, this was the first page that I saw some time ago. I will keep trying.
raspberry B, Noir camera, Mac Book Air, iPhone, Bezzera

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 24452
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: UV4L on raspbian buster

Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:10 pm

andies wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:56 pm
Yes, this was the first page that I saw some time ago. I will keep trying.

The RPi 3B will run Stretch:

http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbi ... 019-04-09/
Thinking outside the box is better than burying your head in the sand...

andies
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:12 pm
Location: Berlin

Re: UV4L on raspbian buster

Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:30 am

I got it up and running now. I am using not uv4l-extras but the command above. Now I get an exception after an hour or so:

Code: Select all

 Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.780399] uv4l            D    0  1209      1 0x00000005
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.780416] Backtrace: 
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.780449] [<808e8bd8>] (__schedule) from [<808e9434>] (schedule+0x5c/0xcc)
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.780469]  r10:b111b438 r9:af1e5af8 r8:af1e5b50 r7:ae687d80 r6:80d04f48 r5:ae686000
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.780479]  r4:ae6b0f40
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.780558] [<808e93d8>] (schedule) from [<7f07d0cc>] (fuse_simple_request+0x31c/0x520 [fuse])
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.780570]  r5:b13e5500 r4:b111b408
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.780694] [<7f07cdb0>] (fuse_simple_request [fuse]) from [<7f080bd4>] (fuse_file_put+0x5c/0xb0 [fuse])
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.780712]  r10:00000008 r9:af2c1760 r8:a1429f68 r7:b28a86d0 r6:00000001 r5:b13e5500
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.780722]  r4:b13e5400
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.780844] [<7f080b78>] (fuse_file_put [fuse]) from [<7f081258>] (fuse_sync_release+0x50/0x70 [fuse])
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.780859]  r6:00000000 r5:00000802 r4:b13e5400 r3:00000005
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.780935] [<7f081208>] (fuse_sync_release [fuse]) from [<7f0a016c>] (cuse_release+0x2c/0x3c [cuse])
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.780950]  r6:af2c1760 r5:000e001f r4:b111b408 r3:b13e5400
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.780975] [<7f0a0140>] (cuse_release [cuse]) from [<802f60b4>] (__fput+0xa4/0x238)
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.780987]  r4:a0597000 r3:7f0a0140
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.781006] [<802f6010>] (__fput) from [<802f6260>] (____fput+0x18/0x1c)
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.781025]  r10:ae687f58 r9:a0597000 r8:80dad300 r7:ae6b1494 r6:ae6b0f40 r5:ae6b1470
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.781035]  r4:a04d00c0
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.781057] [<802f6248>] (____fput) from [<80140e34>] (task_work_run+0xb8/0xdc)
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.781080] [<80140d7c>] (task_work_run) from [<8012473c>] (do_exit+0x3c4/0xb28)
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.781098]  r9:b203f640 r8:00000001 r7:00000001 r6:00000000 r5:b203f600 r4:ae6b0f40
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.781118] [<80124378>] (do_exit) from [<80124f38>] (do_group_exit+0x4c/0xc4)
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.781129]  r7:80d04f4c
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.781150] [<80124eec>] (do_group_exit) from [<80132200>] (get_signal+0x1a0/0xa74)
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.781165]  r6:80d04f48 r5:00000009 r4:00000008 r3:ae687f44
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.781185] [<80132060>] (get_signal) from [<8010cb0c>] (do_work_pending+0x28c/0x4fc)
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.781203]  r10:76eb51a4 r9:76eb51a0 r8:ae687f44 r7:80d04f4c r6:80d04f48 r5:ae687fb0
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.781214]  r4:ae686000
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.781232] [<8010c880>] (do_work_pending) from [<80101034>] (slow_work_pending+0xc/0x20)
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.781243] Exception stack(0xae687fb0 to 0xae687ff8)
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.781258] 7fa0:                                     75d08e40 00000080 00000000 00000000
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.781276] 7fc0: 00000000 75d08e40 75d08e18 000000f0 00000000 75d08e28 75cfe948 00000000
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.781291] 7fe0: 00000000 75cfe918 00000000 76eb51a0 80000010 75d08e40
Sep  4 18:21:15 raspberry kernel: [ 2209.781309]  r10:000000f0 r9:ae686000 r8:801011c4 r7:000000f0 r6:75d08e18 r5:75d08e40
raspberry B, Noir camera, Mac Book Air, iPhone, Bezzera

raspiko
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:42 am

Re: UV4L on raspbian buster

Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:25 pm

andies wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:30 am
I got it up and running now. I am using not uv4l-extras but the command above. Now I get an exception after an hour or so:
Would you be able to give it a try with uvc (usb camera if you have one)? I can't get any picture out of uv4l as per details here:
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=289864

Any help would be more than welcome.

Thanks!

Return to “Beginners”