unromeo

Raspbian Buster and Kodi - Missing inputstream.Adaptive

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:12 am

Hi folks,

Using the new Pi4, I noticed that there is no inputstream.Adaptive for Kodi while searching the repo. Everything else is working fine inside Kodi.

kodi:
Installed: 2:17.6+dfsg1-4+b1

I know what you will say, better use the libreelec for kodi, but I run a couple of different services on my pi as well (used as a home server as well) so I would like to stick to raspbian. Any chance in the near future to get kodi working as it should ?

Also, while at it, I noticed that after the latest buster update, chromium is supporting hardware acceleration, but even if using the h264ify plugin and setting the right handles, I can't get youtube to go hardware. It's still using software decode and using 95% of the GPU, with poor performance on 1080p. Any tips on this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Romeo

fruitoftheloom

Re: Raspbian Buster and Kodi - Missing inputstream.Adaptive

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:48 am

unromeo wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:12 am
Hi folks,

Using the new Pi4, I noticed that there is no inputstream.Adaptive for Kodi while searching the repo. Everything else is working fine inside Kodi.

kodi:
Installed: 2:17.6+dfsg1-4+b1

I know what you will say, better use the libreelec for kodi, but I run a couple of different services on my pi as well (used as a home server as well) so I would like to stick to raspbian. Any chance in the near future to get kodi working as it should ?

Also, while at it, I noticed that after the latest buster update, chromium is supporting hardware acceleration, but even if using the h264ify plugin and setting the right handles, I can't get youtube to go hardware. It's still using software decode and using 95% of the GPU, with poor performance on 1080p. Any tips on this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Romeo

Regards Kodi Multimedia Software, the version in the Repositories is not compiled for the Raspberry Pi Hardware and is also out of date.

Until such time as an update to 18.3 is released LibreElec is the best option:

https://libreelec.tv/2019/06/libreelec- ... ha1-rpi4b/

Raspbian Buster requires a full update, due to major overhaul this last week:

Code: Select all

sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgrade
sudo reboot
Retired disgracefully.....
......to a more gentile life !

unromeo

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:42 am

Thanks @fruitoftheloom for your quick reply.

So.. this means that I have no other option at the moment but wait (who knows how long) until a kodi update is going to be released for the new Pi4? As already said, Libreelec is no option for me. I need to run my other services which are quite dependent of raspbian.

The other issue with the hardware acceleration and chromium... of course I did a full upgrade, otherwise I could have not get the hardware acceleration working inside chromium, but the issue with youtube is still present. Nobody else upgraded their pi's 4 over the weekend ? Nobody else getting this issue ?

Thanks in advance .

Best Regards.

miky_boy

Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:12 pm

Hi my friend,

I have the same problem with the RPI4 and inputstream.Adaptive...

Very dissapointing.

Best Regards

Return to “Raspbian”