bricolodu13

SSH Stop working : Network error connection refused

Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:12 pm

Hello I have a VERY WEIRD problem with ssh connection to different Raspberry Pi running dietpi headless and serial connection not enabled
=> Network error connection refused

I'm running the latest Dietpi version V6.25
I have 3 Raspberry Pi (1x Rpi 3b+ and 2x Rpi 3a+)
I have 3 Windows PC (2 Windows 10, 1 Windows 8)
I have 2 Router

The story:
I just installed fresh version of Diepi (headless) AND COULD CONNECT THROUGH SSH to it during the software installation process
At the end of the software install, I made a reboot and then I got the "Network error connection refused"
I tried again, a new fress install on a second Rpi 3a+ and got exactly the same issue.

I plugged in an other Rpi 3b+ with its own SD (that was still working yesterday), and got exactly the same issue, impossible to connect anymore !

In each case I see the Rpi IP address with IP scanner (Fing Overlook) and on the latest Rpi 3b+ I can still access the hosted logitech media server web page...

What I tried to solve that issue:
I erased the cache from my putty on one Windows PC,
I tried Putty access from another Windows PC,
I Switched off and restarted my regular internet router, no way !

I tried another router, not connected to Internet and that none of the peripherals had ever been connected to, but still I got the Network error connection refused, although I got the IP address of each peripherals.

:?: In other words, I can't access anymore my long time running setup and/or I can't install new setups :!:

:geek: Do you have any hints to recover the connection and most important to avoid this problem in the future ?

Best
Jean

Andyroo

Re: Sticky : SSH Stop working : Network error connection refused

Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:24 pm

I think you would do best to keep with your post on the DietPi forum as that sets up things differently than Raspbian.

Could you also remove the 'sticky' from your title by editing the first post? This denotes official help threads not the forum and these are locked into place by the moderators.
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: SSH Stop working : Network error connection refused

Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:11 pm

Removed invalid "Sticky:" marker from subject line, the post isn't, and probably won't be a sticky post.

bricolodu13

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:23 am

Thank you for removing the Stiky message and sorry for the inconvenience.

The fact is that in the meantime I did a fresh Raspbian install and did not get any issue.
So, that's a problem with dietpi, however It looks like I'm the only person experimenting such a weird behaviour as Igot no answer from there.

I really hate not understanding, it should not be black magic.
So should any on has an idea of the why I would appreciate.

Thank you.
Jean

Andyroo

Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:40 pm

It may be worth check if the firewall is on in iptables or if the ssh server aborted.
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

epoch1970

Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:50 pm

FYI,
The dietpi forum is there: https://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=5
Personally I have no idea what dietpi is, I feel comfortable with that, and I guess I am not alone in this case here.
"S'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y a pas de problème." Les Shadoks, J. Rouxel

Return to “Troubleshooting”