tuxcoder

Problems with subscription in U.S.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:12 pm

Hello,

I know there were problems in the transition to directly handling U.S. subscriptions last year, but ever since that happened, I have not reliably received my monthly issues. The shipping notification emails are also spotty -- I receive them for some months and not for others (and I don't think there's a pattern aligning with missing issues).

So far, from January 2019 up to and including July 2019, I have only received 2 of the 7 issues as expected. For the remaining 5, I've had to open a support ticket each time and request the issue to be re-sent to me. That worked 4 of those times; I am now trying, unsuccessfully, to get my July 2019 issue.

Over a week ago I created ticket number 5344 (on the zendesk support site) and have not gotten a response yet, even after I sent a followup email requesting a response and re-send. As of this point I also still have not received the July issue. Oddly enough, at the beginning of July, when I would have expected to get that issue, I received a duplicate copy of the June issue.

As I said in the referenced support ticket, something is really wrong with the shipments to me.

tuxcoder

Re: Problems with subscription in U.S.

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:25 pm

I'm out of ideas. July is now more than halfway through, and I never received this month's issue that I paid for.

My MagPi support ticket has been open for almost 2 weeks, with not one single response. I've even sent two separate follow-up emails during the two weeks.

I guess my last hope is that someone from the MagPi support team sees this thread.

BeeryChisels

Re: Problems with subscription in U.S.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:26 pm

You think you've got problems! I'm a subscriber and the last three months (May, June, July 2019) issues of MagPi have all failed to arrive. And I live in England! To say that I'm annoyed is putting it mildly. So far I've missed out on two Raspberry Jams that took place nearby, and several chances to make use of special offers/competitions. MagPi's not arriving has happened several times in the past but it has now escalated to a whole new level. It has cost me £50 too, but if I want to be sure of getting one I now have to try local shops. This is rarely successful because the Pi is not well supported by the schools in this area, so there is little demand for the magazines.
I keep getting the emails to say the magazines will be out soon, and the ones that say mine has been sent, but it just isn't happening.

Return to “The MagPi”