Dennovane

Multiple conductivity sensors on one Raspberry

Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:31 pm

Hello all, this is my first time on this forum, so please let me know if this is posted in the wrong place.

I am working on a project to measure the conductivity of multiple different beakers of (salt) water at the same time.
For the sensors, I have this in mind: https://www.atlas-scientific.com/produc ... 1_kit.html
Now I was wondering, can I read out multiple EC-sensors at the same time in one Raspberry? And if so, how many (if there is a limit)?

If not, what would you suggest for simultaneous readings?

For information, I want to read the conductivity of, for example, 8 solutions, every 5 seconds. The data (in mS/cm) should be saved in a (.csv) file.
Not neccesarily the same file.

pcmanbob

Re: Multiple conductivity sensors on one Raspberry

Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:41 pm

Hi.

Have you done any research on the device you want to use ?

Considering it costs $239 I would have expected you to have read every bit of information on the web site.

A quick look at the web site suggests it supports I2c so as long as each device can be set with a different device address you should be able to connect more than one.

I suggest you read the specifications sheet and look at the example software they provide to see what's possible.
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”