hdtv35 wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:27 pm
Just wanted to comment on my experience. I'm using Raspbian Buster with Paper Spigot as the server. OpenJDK11
For what version of Minecraft?
I've been running a Java 1.12.2 server on a 3B (now 3B+) since 2017 for a small group of friends, and it works surprisingly well.
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3 in a Flirc heatsink case
- Raspbian Stretch Lite
- Oracle Java 8 (java version "1.8.0_201")
- SpigotMC with render distance 10
- SanDisk Ultra Plus A1 64GB micro SD card
- Ethernet to router (although it was originally tested on wireless and that worked fine).
Tried 1.13 when it first came out and found it was too much for the little Pi. I haven't tried any later versions (running my "Broken Laptop" 1.13.2 server on an old Sony laptop, which is, in fact, broken).
Been meaning to try Buster and OpenJDK11 but haven't gotten around to it.
Might give my 2GB Pi4 a try when my 4GB models come in (if they ever do).
My mind is like a browser. 27 tabs are open, 9 aren't responding,
lots of pop-ups...and where is that annoying music coming from?