iainmaoileoin wrote:How much hardware do you want to build; or do you want to buy off the shelf?
What sort of budget are you on?
Do you own any old phones that can be driven by a PC?
Is your RaPi wirelessable to something with an internet connection in your house?
Can you email yourself a picture from a PC?
- actually, i don't want use too much sensors (basically i would use a magnetic sensor, and a motion detection camera), i just want to build a prototype of an alarm, the prototype should just send an MMS to the owners phone with an image of the intruder taken from the scene. the role of the motion detection camera is to alert the system of an intruder if the magnetic sensor failed to do so + taking picture from the scene.
- regarding the raspberry pi wireless connection im thinking of using broadband wireless connection.
- my budget is about 200 USD.
- i know its possible to send an image using email to email, but im assuming that the owner doesn't have internet connection on his cell phone.
- i do have old phones, but if u have a specific model u think its useful please recommend.