bunklung

Re: How to setup Minecraft 1.12.2 on Pi3 or Pi4

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:39 pm

jdonald wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:16 pm
Thanks for adding the -e checks, rpiMike. Sorry, I should have looked at your latest script before mentioning that again.
bunklung wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:37 am
It seems GL related.

Code: Select all

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
	at Config.getDisplayModes(Config.java:1854)
	at bid$a.<clinit>(GameSettings.java:3569)
Caused by: org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: No modes available
	at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.init(LinuxDisplay.java:740)
	at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:138)
In the first post rpiMike mentioned The OpenGL drivers may not work with all screens. There's a discussion on page 2 to specifically troubleshoot this. Running xrandr -q and posting the output here would be the first step.

The LWJGL forums post I linked above is currently timing out, but basically it says the real solution is to install a newer version of Minecraft with LWJGL3. You could try rpiMike's 1.14.4 tutorial although it requires a 64-bit OS. Also, MamiyaOtaru got 1.14.4 running on 32-bit but there isn't yet a step-by-step tutorial.

@Xwing101, welcome to the forums and if you scroll up a bit you'll see multiple mentions of dealing with "Killed". Both this and hanging on startup tend to be symptoms of running out of memory. The reason it happens sometimes but not others is that the current how-to may be right on the 1 GB edge and we can't know if someone is running chromium-browser or something else in the background. You should keep top open while walking through the tutorial to diagnose. If confirmed to be the problem, try reducing gpu_mem further, closing RAM-hogging programs, or adding more swap space.
Thanks. It was due to the FIXED MODE from config.txt

hdmi_group:0=2
hdmi_mode:0=87
hdmi_timings:0=1920 0 48 32 80 1080 0 3 5 31 0 0 0 75 0 174500000 3

I removed my mode and let X deal with resolution naturally.

It's working now. Hope this helps others.

Xwing1O1

Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:29 am

jdonald wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:16 pm
@Xwing101, welcome to the forums and if you scroll up a bit you'll see multiple mentions of dealing with "Killed". Both this and hanging on startup tend to be symptoms of running out of memory. The reason it happens sometimes but not others is that the current how-to may be right on the 1 GB edge and we can't know if someone is running chromium-browser or something else in the background. You should keep top open while walking through the tutorial to diagnose. If confirmed to be the problem, try reducing gpu_mem further, closing RAM-hogging programs, or adding more swap space.
Okay. Yeah I did have a chrome tab open in the background (the tutorial), so that probably was the problem.

Either way my pi4 came in (desktop kit, 4 GB ram), and it's stuck at the launcher saying "installing". The command line says:

Code: Select all

[15:55:16 ERROR]: Couldn't unpack natives!
java.util.zip.ZipException: zip END header not found
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile$Source.zerror(ZipFile.java:1535) ~[?:?]
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile$Source.findEND(ZipFile.java:1436) ~[?:?]
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile$Source.initCEN(ZipFile.java:1443) ~[?:?]
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile$Source.<init>(ZipFile.java:1274) ~[?:?]
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile$Source.get(ZipFile.java:1237) ~[?:?]
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile$CleanableResource.<init>(ZipFile.java:727) ~[?:?]
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile$CleanableResource.get(ZipFile.java:844) ~[?:?]
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:247) ~[?:?]
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:177) ~[?:?]
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:191) ~[?:?]
	at net.minecraft.launcher.game.MinecraftGameRunner.unpackNatives(MinecraftGameRunner.java:369) ~[launcher.jar:1.6.89-j]
	at net.minecraft.launcher.game.MinecraftGameRunner.launchGame(MinecraftGameRunner.java:115) [launcher.jar:1.6.89-j]
	at com.mojang.launcher.game.runner.AbstractGameRunner.onDownloadJobFinished(AbstractGameRunner.java:186) [launcher.jar:1.6.89-j]
	at com.mojang.launcher.updater.download.DownloadJob.popAndDownload(DownloadJob.java:122) [launcher.jar:1.6.89-j]
	at com.mojang.launcher.updater.download.DownloadJob.access$000(DownloadJob.java:12) [launcher.jar:1.6.89-j]
	at com.mojang.launcher.updater.download.DownloadJob$1.run(DownloadJob.java:86) [launcher.jar:1.6.89-j]
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

If that makes sense. Also for when Optifine gives me an error (much like the Wii "error DSi" message), then what? sorry I am still embarrassingly new to this lol.

P.S. I set the gpu_mem to 512, so that it loads quicker, and I thought I had some to spare with 4 gigs

Edit: well, this is kinda funny(ish), finally got working since I moved it closer to the router, got xscreensaver and set it to stay awake for 12 hours, and redid everything

pi-tastic

Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:16 pm

tested with 4B works in 4k, little more sluggish then in 1080.

question when is minecraft going to be officially supported with buster?
like:
sudo apt install minecraft - and it just works?

thanks for the write up!.
maccaps.com - bringing life to dead electronics.

Return to “Gaming”