Konsta

[DEV] LineageOS 16.0 (Android 9) for Raspberry Pi 3 B and B+

Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:20 am

Here’s my build of LineageOS 16.0 for Raspberry Pi 3 Model B and Model B+. It is unofficial and unsupported by the LineageOS team. It’s for advanced users only.

Important! This image includes parts that are licensed under non-commercial license (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International). You may use this build freely in personal/educational/etc use. Commercial use is not allowed with this build!
Screenshot_20190627-114323_Settings.png
Screenshot_20190627-114323_Settings.png (62.97 KiB) Viewed 1742 times
https://konstakang.com/devices/rpi3/LineageOS16.0/

Sources:
KonstaKANG.com

ViktorWa

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 16.0 (Android 9) for Raspberry Pi 3 B and B+

Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:41 am

Hi!
This build is awesome, thank you very much!

Do you know if there is a way to force portrait mode?

I have tried to add display_rotate=3 to the boot config file, but nothing changes.

I have also tried Android apps such as Set orientation, but those only distort the view not actually rotate the screen.

i read someware that changing the system property config.override_force_orient might work but can that be done without recompiling and stuff?

Regards
Viktor

Konsta

Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:25 pm

ViktorWa wrote:
Hi!

I have tried to add display_rotate=3 to the boot config file, but nothing changes.

I have also tried Android apps such as Set orientation, but those only distort the view not actually rotate the screen.

i read someware that changing the system property config.override_force_orient might work but can that be done without recompiling and stuff?

Regards
Viktor
This (https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 3#p1409367) should work but I haven't tested it with this LineageOS 16.0 build (edit. tested, works fine).

No, you don't need to compile anything to change system properties. You'll need root access to mount system partition rw to make modifications, though. There's e.g. several build.prop editors available on the Play Store.

Or in the command line:

Code: Select all

su
mount -o rw,remount /system
echo "config.override_forced_orient=true" >> /system/build.prop
Last edited by Konsta on Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
KonstaKANG.com

ViktorWa

Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:16 pm

Konsta wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:25 pm
ViktorWa wrote:
Hi!

Regards
Viktor
This (https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 3#p1409367) should work but I haven't tested it with this LineageOS 16.0 build.

No, you don't need to compile anything to change system properties. You'll need root access to mount system partition rw to make modifications, though. There's e.g. several build.prop editors available on the Play Store.

Or in the command line:

Code: Select all

su
mount -o rw,remount /system
echo "config.override_forced_orient=true" >> /system/build.prop
OK, so that is how you change system properties. I will give it a try and report back.
Thanks!

ViktorWa

Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:28 pm

Hi again!

Your solution worked perfectly!

I ended up sticking the sd card into my ubuntu-laptop and edited the file with sudo.
Then I used the "Rotation control" app to rotate the screen.

I have one more question if you have the time....

The Pi now takes a very long time to find (show picture on) my monitor, compared to when I was running rasbian.
From the time I connect my monitor it takes up to 10 minutes before the picture appears on my screen.
I am using on old laptop panel connected to a vga controller card with a max resolution of 1440x900, it detects my TV right away though.....
I find this very weird as it worked fine when I used Raspian.
I adding persist.dash.max.rep.resolution=1440x900 but that didn't do any difference.

/Viktor

Konsta

Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:02 am

ViktorWa wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:28 pm
Hi again!

Your solution worked perfectly!

I ended up sticking the sd card into my ubuntu-laptop and edited the file with sudo.
Then I used the "Rotation control" app to rotate the screen.

I have one more question if you have the time....

The Pi now takes a very long time to find (show picture on) my monitor, compared to when I was running rasbian.
From the time I connect my monitor it takes up to 10 minutes before the picture appears on my screen.
I am using on old laptop panel connected to a vga controller card with a max resolution of 1440x900, it detects my TV right away though.....
I find this very weird as it worked fine when I used Raspian.
I adding persist.dash.max.rep.resolution=1440x900 but that didn't do any difference.

/Viktor
There's debug.drm.mode.force=1280x720 property in /system/build.prop that you can change if you want to experiment with this. Don't think persist.dash.max.rep.resolution does anything here.

How current implementation works, it chooses resolution set by debug.drm.mode.force property from the list of supported resolution display reports through EDID. I don't actually know what happens if the display doesn't support 1280x720 or doesn't send EDID.
KonstaKANG.com

ViktorWa

Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:57 am

There's debug.drm.mode.force=1280x720 property in /system/build.prop that you can change if you want to experiment with this. Don't think persist.dash.max.rep.resolution does anything here.

How current implementation works, it chooses resolution set by debug.drm.mode.force property from the list of supported resolution display reports through EDID. I don't actually know what happens if the display doesn't support 1280x720 or doesn't send EDID.
That did it!
I change debug.drm.mode.force=1280x720 to
debug.drm.mode.force=1440x900
and my "monitor" was found instantly.

Thank you very much!

Yanazake

Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:56 pm

I tried this, and... am I doing something wrong?

Download image, burn it to sd card with win32diskimager, stick sd card to raspberry and power it up.
That's how it goes, right?

It took... quite a while to boot. About 10 minutes, I think. After that, the screen was just a really small square on my monitor [quarter of it?] with the edges being cut off - couldn't even see properly what was happening. I got a bunch, and I mean a BUNCH of app xxx is not responding. It was locking up every time I tried to do anything.

My board is the 3b+.

Is the 16.0 experimental? Should I try burning version 15?

Return to “Android”