Sir FICO

netatalk for buster does not connect?

Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:35 pm

ive just created a new sd card with the latest buster for my pi4. (and apt-get update/upgrade). As with my other pi,s and desktop raspians, I installed netatalk with ‘apt-get install netatalk’. Sadly with the buster raspian it does not connect. I can see the pi4 in apple finder and can do a connect login, but mac just says not connected. Netatalk is still working ok on stretch pi’s but it appears busted on buster. Has anyone got it to work on buster?

jcarruthers

Re: netatalk for buster does not connect?

Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:08 pm

I'm having the same issue on a Pi 3

Andyroo

Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:59 pm

I had problems on Stretch and moved to Samba in the end :cry:

You may do best to open a ticket https://sourceforge.net/p/netatalk/bugs ... s%3Aclosed with the developers.

Add it to the Buster error log thread here as well.
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

CliffInAuldReekie

Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:50 pm

I have the same issue on Buster and no probs in Stretch.

Milliways

Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:43 am

Sir FICO wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:35 pm
ive just created a new sd card with the latest buster for my pi4. (and apt-get update/upgrade). As with my other pi,s and desktop raspians, I installed netatalk with ‘apt-get install netatalk’. Sadly with the buster raspian it does not connect. I can see the pi4 in apple finder and can do a connect login, but mac just says not connected. Netatalk is still working ok on stretch pi’s but it appears busted on buster. Has anyone got it to work on buster?
Netatalk in Buster is v3, and seems quite different from the earlier version.

I edited /etc/netatalk/afp.conf to contain

Code: Select all

[Homes]
    basedir regex = /home
and can connect using

open afp://MilliwaysPi4.local
This gives access to my Home directory, after logging in.

I haven't figured out how to use variable substitution to give more meaningful names.
The setting above mounts on a Volume "pi's home" and Finder shows /home/pi as "pi's home"

[Homes]
    basedir regex = /home
    home name = $h
Mounts on a Volume identified by hostname and Finder shows /home/pi as "pi's home" - which is pretty useless when connected to multiple Pi.

[Pi $h]
    path = /home/pi
    home name = $h
Mounts on a Volume identified by hostname and Finder shows /home/pi as Pi hostname.

Sir FICO

Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:26 pm

Hey thanks Milliways - I've just got to read your reply of some months back. All I had to do was to edit the file ( sudo nano /etc/netatalk/afp.conf) as you specified, reboot the pi, and my mac finder can now see the pi as it did in stretch. I'm a happy bunny :P

Return to “Raspbian”