GreenPie

LEGO Raspberry Pi 3 B+

Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:40 pm

Hello, everyone!

I have made a project quite unlike most Raspberry Pi projects. Instead of using a real Raspberry Pi, in this project I made a model of a Raspberry 3 B+ from LEGO bricks! The model captures most of the major details, but at a scaled up size. Because Raspberry Pi and LEGO are two of my favorite things, I thought it combined them nicely. LEGO IDEAS is a website, where people can post their creations to be voted upon. If a submission achieves 10,000 votes (called supports), it will then be reviewed by the LEGO IDEAS team. If chosen, it will become a real LEGO set! I submitted my Raspberry Pi 3 B+ on LEGO IDEAS. The reason I'm posting about it here, is to target the Raspberry Pi crowd, as they are more likely to vote for it. If you are interested, go to this link: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/4d41f07 ... 1ba65b02ad. If you like it, press the "support" button, to help it get to the 10,000 supporter milestone. It's free, and you can sign up with Facebook, Google, or your LEGO ID.

Here's an image of the LEGO Pi:

If you have questions or suggestions let me know here or on LEGO IDEAS.

Thank you for reading!

W. H. Heydt

Re: LEGO Raspberry Pi 3 B+

Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:31 pm

I would suggest rotation that top row of single blocks individually 90 degrees so that it looks more like the double row of GPIO pins.

GreenPie

Re: LEGO Raspberry Pi 3 B+

Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:58 am

I considered both positions of the bricks, but personally I think they look better as they are, because, from the front view, it looks like there are 20 GPIO pins in the row. Whereas, if I rotated them, it would look like 10 GPIO pins in the row. This is a difficult issue, but my opinion is that the front view is more important than the side view. But thanks for your input anyway! I appreciate it!

Return to “Off topic discussion”