This appears to be the best video on setting up a video network using MotionEye.
This tutorial has "How to set up multiple network Raspberry Pi security cameras"
My results on a Raspberry Pi 3B+:
1) A loop that looks for a network.
2) After adding Ethernet cable it says point your browser to the IP address.
No IP address was found, Reported address meye-c44cdf04 did not respond on browser.
3) Display said login so I typed admin with no password.
Nothing significant happened.
My current thinking on how to fix it
1) Since it fails to show an IP address in the display or in Win10 cmd IPconfig shows nothing on the Ethernet connection, I cannot fall back to Raspbian because MotionEye is an OS download.
2) Downloading the MotionEye source code could lead to a solution, perhaps if I also got source for a few other bits to weave in.
3) Since the RPi 3BB+ has 4 cores, it should be possible to run Raspbian on one or more of them while running MotionEye on one.
Anyone have better or quicker ideas on how to make a video network? Would the same motionEyeOS chip work better on another RPi?