rabees1

upgrading my vending machine to touch screen

Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:42 am

I have Joferman combo plus machines installed with the old buttons system now we are upgrading it so i outsourced some guys here to design its software and hardware

Now they have designed it but it still isnt working they have attached the Credit card reader to mdb bill acceptor and others to and mdb to computer and used aurduino board to program and connected a pc to aurduino board and run that customized software into it
1. so we are facing problems some times the programs get stuck into the start screen some times we cant swipe the items is it harware issue or software the software developer says i havent design the harddware its a hardware issue and hardware guys who programmed aurduino says its a software issue so what is it actualy
2.we use a pc to use the software on the machine according to my understanding (i dont have much knowldge about these things) Aurdiono is uses microcontollers so we can attach a screen or deploy the software directly onto the machine we have to use the pc
3.whatt about raspberry pi can i use it with the software i got made ?
4.if we connect raspberry pi should we just replace it with the pc or replace complete aurdiuno board and program raspberry acordding it

PLEASE HELP I ALREADY SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON THESE GUYS TO DESIGN THIS THING

pcmanbob

Re: upgrading my vending machine to touch screen

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:00 am

rabees1 wrote:

1. so we are facing problems some times the programs get stuck into the start screen some times we cant swipe the items is it harware issue or software the software developer says i havent design the harddware its a hardware issue and hardware guys who programmed aurduino says its a software issue so what is it actualy

2.we use a pc to use the software on the machine according to my understanding (i dont have much knowldge about these things) Aurdiono is uses microcontollers so we can attach a screen or deploy the software directly onto the machine we have to use the pc
we don't do arduino/PC support here that's what you are paying your developers for.
No the pi will not run arduino code, without it being rewritten.
4.if we connect raspberry pi should we just replace it with the pc or replace complete aurdiuno board and program raspberry acordding it
no way of knowing as we did not design your system talk to the people who developed it for you.
Then go speak to them , we are not here to support your project for free........
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

rabees1

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:57 pm

pcmanbob wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:00 am
rabees1 wrote:

we don't do arduino/PC support here that's what you are paying your developers for.
No the pi will not run arduino code, without it being rewritten.
no way of knowing as we did not design your system talk to the people who developed it for you.
Then go speak to them , we are not here to support your project for free........
okay just tell me this can i atach a 24 inches touch monitor to it

PhatFil

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:53 pm

yes but ..

you really need to take a project audit, you wont get that from a casual forum post..

pcmanbob

Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:54 pm

Yes you can connect a 24" hdmi monitor to a pi, but it's unlikely to be touch enabled.
We want information… information… information........................no information no help

Andyroo

Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:59 pm

Less than one minute search (though I have used ViewSonic kit for years):
ViewSonic TD2421
Great for public kiosks, POS displays, and other retail and commercial applications, the TD2421 dual-point optical touch monitor lets users execute two-finger pinches, taps, and swipes for fast and intuitive navigation. With Full HD 1920x1080 resolution, 3000:1 static contrast ratio, and SuperClear MVA technology, the TD2421 delivers stunning brightness and contrast with amazing screen performance at nearly any viewing angle. Flexible connectivity options include HDMI, VGA, DVI, and USB ports, and a VESA-mountable design offers additional convenience for use as a wall-mounted display. Whether in retail or deployed in a high-traffic commercial setting, its scratch-resistant surface stands up to heavy use and safeguards its high quality touch experience.
No idea if it Linux compatible.

Maybe I should become a consultant :ugeek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ugeek:
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

pcmanbob

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:32 am

From the ViewSonic Online Support Center
ViewSonic does not currently have Linux drivers for any of our devices
So I am guessing no support for Linux or ARM processors out of the box.

rabees1

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:48 pm

Andyroo wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:59 pm
Less than one minute search (though I have used ViewSonic kit for years):
ViewSonic TD2421
Great for public kiosks, POS displays, and other retail and commercial applications, the TD2421 dual-point optical touch monitor lets users execute two-finger pinches, taps, and swipes for fast and intuitive navigation. With Full HD 1920x1080 resolution, 3000:1 static contrast ratio, and SuperClear MVA technology, the TD2421 delivers stunning brightness and contrast with amazing screen performance at nearly any viewing angle. Flexible connectivity options include HDMI, VGA, DVI, and USB ports, and a VESA-mountable design offers additional convenience for use as a wall-mounted display. Whether in retail or deployed in a high-traffic commercial setting, its scratch-resistant surface stands up to heavy use and safeguards its high quality touch experience.
No idea if it Linux compatible.

Maybe I should become a consultant :ugeek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ugeek:
so smart
does it even support linux
i know i can attach a 24 inch but i want a touch enabled system

aBUGSworstnightmare

Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:14 pm

OP is asking the same question in various threads...

https://www.elotouch.com/monitors

Return to “General discussion”