nJoy.

OLED touchscreen for Raspberry Pi

Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:03 am

Hello,

So I was looking at buying touchscreens for raspberry pi. Problem is, I cant find any Oled ones. My project is related to a car media/navi center and I would love to use OLED one. As this isy preferred screen on other devices. It would really improve the aesthetics of my project. Anyone got any luck with that? Only one I found is in dfrobotics page but even there its discontinued.

Best regards.

aBUGSworstnightmare

Re: OLED touchscreen for Raspberry Pi

Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:59 am

Ever thought of lifetime of an OLED in a car dashboard environment? You will no longer 'love' it after some time of use... That's why displays in cars are still LCD (and not OLED).

Anyhow, there is (no easy) way of connecting any off-the-shelf OLED (i.e. originating from a mobile phone) to a Raspberry Pi.

nJoy.

Re: OLED touchscreen for Raspberry Pi

Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:24 am

aBUGSworstnightmare wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:59 am
Ever thought of lifetime of an OLED in a car dashboard environment? You will no longer 'love' it after some time of use... That's why displays in cars are still LCD (and not OLED).

Anyhow, there is (no easy) way of connecting any off-the-shelf OLED (i.e. originating from a mobile phone) to a Raspberry Pi.
Ehh, that is probably why you cant find one easily... Alright, thanks for the reply!

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”