catchlavaghana

Increasing text/fontsize in X (GUI)

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:18 pm

Greetings all!
I'm a new raspberry pi user and i'm looking for some help. I have successfully wrote raspbian wheezy to my SD card, booted the raspberry pi with said SD card, went through basic setup in -Raspi Config- and started the GUI. Everything working perfectly as expected.
HOWEVER!
I'm using my Raspi with a 32" HD TV and I'm finding the text in the GUI incredibly small. I have searched the forums for advice on how to increase the fontsize but with no avail. Browsing the interweb is very difficult as the text is too small (used "ctrl +" to zoom) and text under icons on the GUI is almost unreadable.
Please somebody with some linux knowhow help me as I cannot rectify the situation. I am a fairly technical person with some programming experience (C++, arduino IDE, java etc...).
Thanks in advanced!

jran1216

Re: Increasing text/fontsize in X (GUI)

Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:20 pm

yeah im stuck too. Ive changed the size of the terminal text but ut throughout the gui is still small text. there is one solution supposedly http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/qu ... n-raspbian im just about to try it but know nothing about it. Is this the only wayt

Still help would be usefull.

jran1216

Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:51 pm

Yeah I dont think that works unless Ive snapped up. Could be a time waster.

klricks

Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:28 am

jran1216 wrote:yeah im stuck too. Ive changed the size of the terminal text but ut throughout the gui is still small text. there is one solution supposedly http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/qu ... n-raspbian im just about to try it but know nothing about it. Is this the only wayt

Still help would be usefull.
To enlarge font under icons:
Right click on blank spot on screen
Select [Desktop Preferences] [Appearance tab] Click on [Font of Label Text]

To change size of task bar items:
Right click on blank spot on task bar.
[Panel Settings] [Appearance]. In FONTS section put a check (tick) next to [Size] then adjust size.
Also size of task-bar and size of icons in task-bar etc can be adjusted in the [Geometry] tab.
Last edited by klricks on Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Stretch w/ Desktop OS.

Richard-TX

Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:46 am

to change the font size of a xterm , do a control right click.
Richard
Doing Unix since 1985.
The 9-25-2013 image of Wheezy can be found at:
http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/images/raspbian-2013-09-27/2013-09-25-wheezy-raspbian.zip

1o_o7

Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:01 pm

Use <ctrl> right click and then turn on TrueType Fonts

Return to “Beginners”