Massahwahl

Capturing multiple audio inputs

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:46 am

Hoping to get some insight into how to pull off a project I am hoping will be possible with an rpi3. I have a modded Korg Volca Beats drum machine that has 5 audio outputs for individual drum sounds as opposed to the standard output that mixes all the channels together. I am wanting to create a way to take all the inputs if possible or at the very least two of them, apply effects and then output it to my mixer. Software wise I know this is possible but is there a way to wire the volcas individual outputs to the pi? I found a few audio hats but was not sure which one would be the best fit to do this. Any help is appreciated!

wh7qq

Re: Capturing multiple audio inputs

Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:41 pm

You should look at the AudioInjector web site (www.audioinjector.net)
, for the "Octo Soundcard". Support has been a bit scanty of late but their forum has been pretty helpful. I have the basic stereo card and I am currently having problems getting it to work from Raspbian Stretch...it previously worked well from Jessie and I should have left well enough alone but... Previously, the Stereo card worked fantastically for ripping old vinyls to .wav files.

On their web forum, "flatmax" has indicated that there may be a problem with the current RPi kernel and recommends going back to an earlier edition. I am not sure if this is my problem with it and will investigate further. "flatmax" (forum moderator) has apparently been MIA from the forum for about 6 months but is back now with a Jan. 7. 2019 post and a new Amazon Store page has sprouted as well, with a much pricier Ultra 2 card for sale.

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”