theaustindixon

Current Project - AI Digital Assistant

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:44 pm

I made a Picroft, a Raspberry Pi running the open-source AI "Mycroft". Takes a bit of tinkering to get the audio to work right, but it's pretty cool when you do. Has a lot of potential since you can create custom skills for it in Python.

VIDEO:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsYlKsuntbs ... _copy_link

Andyroo

Re: Current Project - AI Digital Assistant

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:58 pm

Neat - Mycroft for Holmes :lol:

I’ll get my hat and coat on the way out!

Interested to know what the issues where though...
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

theaustindixon

Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:37 pm

Andyroo wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:58 pm
Interested to know what the issues where though...
Audio Problems:

At first, the speakers worked, but the microphone didn’t. So I installed Pulseaudio, and then the microphone worked but the speakers didn’t. Turns out the speaker volume is just set all the way down on reboot now for some reason. I tried playing with the Alsamixer and Pulseaudio settings and have tinkered with a few config files, nothing helped. Then I updated Mycroft (using “bash update.sh”) and that fixed it.

Then I switched from headphone jack output to hdmi as my audio output and the speaker volume problem came back. After spending a few hours troubleshooting, I have given up (for now) and decided to just turn the volume up after each reboot. Not a big deal I suppose.

Pandora Problem:

I’m getting a “Password or Username not correct” error. I’ve tried uninstalling the skill, rebooting, and reinstalling. Didn’t help. Did a bit of searching on the Mycroft forum though and it seems this is a common problem for a lot of people that has yet to be resolved.

Andyroo

Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:40 pm

Thanks for the heads up - I’ve bookmarked your warnings :lol:
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

Return to “Other projects”